Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dip beam on the right head lamp has failed. main is ok and both filaments on the left are fine.
is a bulb change as simple as pop the screen off, undo four bolts and remove the front fairing, or is it remove the side panel and dislocate your wrist to do it? Mr Haynes is blody useless o this one.open up the lamp; Two screws? and change the bulb, is it something I can do in a few minutes at work?
Also what bulb do I ask for? I can probably pick one up on my way in tomorrow

·
Junior
455 Posts
1st find what type bulb, RD4 had 2 type, bosh type BA20D or H4 , how to ?... well if you can see bulb true the lens ba20d is round like brake light bulb, h4 cylindrical . then it's just take back cover off lenses no bolts just rubber cover and bulb held with wire spring , bit fiddly no space but possible

·
Registered
161 Posts
Far as I can remember it's a pain...had to remove side panel and the black shield off the bottom yoke to reach back of the headlights. Much easier once the nose fairing is off, but that's a pain in itself.

Pop the rubber cover off the back of the light, pull off the wiring connector and release a metal spring clip to get the bulb out. then try to remember how it goes back together.

·
Junior
455 Posts
By the way when putting back BA20D there small slot in the lens reflector so bulb holder should seat in it, if not then light point to sky's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts