1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm desperately searching for:

RD04 MPH speedo
UK spec RD04 headlights

If you have or know of anything please let me know.

Thanks. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
There's an RD04 with UK clocks just advertised by a breaker everything available on ebay

Reactions: crazychickendale

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Hi Paul-S,
I've looked for this but don't seem to be able to find it??? :rolleyes:
Any chance of a link for me as I seem to be a bit challenged!! :cyclops:
Thanks.
LOOK GENUINE HONDA XRV750 XRV 750 AFRICA TWIN 1990 REAR SWINGARM *FREE UK POST* | eBay

If you are looking for a part click on the eBay link in the tool bar, select Africa Twin and press Go next to UK option - this will take you to all and sundry for ATs in the UK - you just need to scroll through the pages

I got to this chap who is selling the broken for spares AT - click on the link and you'll get the picture and phone number

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I've got a spare set of RD04 headlights. They're the ones with H4 bulbs in, and I think they're UK spec but not completely sure. I got them to replace the Bosch style bulbs on my last bike (an Italian model) but never got around to it, then it got stolen.

The metal surrounds are a bit rough so will probably need a bit of tidying up/repaint to make them good, but if you don't mind that or can't find a better option, you can have them for £30 plus postage.

There's a mount to go with them too. I don't think the screws/adjusters were there to mount the lights (I'd guess those would be easy enough to source or you may already have them from your current lights?). From what I remember they were just butterfly nuts on the end of long threaded bolts.

If it's to replace the bosch style bulbs on an Italian model, then you might want to look at the wiring diagrams for that vs the UK model. I seem to remember reading somewhere you needed an extra relay wired in somewhere for the H4 bulbs (but I never got around to checking myself to be sure).

Probably best to see what the breaker of that bike on ebay has to offer you first as I'm guessing those will be in better condition (the bike these came off was a bit tatty), but I know sometimes people ask a fortune for these things, so if you find them too much and don't mind doing a bit of tidying up, I can dig these ones out and send you some photos to have a look at.

You're not after any luggage too are you? I've still got a givi wingrack II and mounting kit for the RD04, and a couple of old (but working) givi sidecases to go with it that I was going to post up soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts