Honda XRV Forum banner
6K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  chunkolini 
#1 ·
Two days after moving to Swansea my bike was stolen.
Chained to a lamp post, disc locked and covered stolen in the space of five minutes at 7.30am. Covers and locks dumped in the street.
It was the 'lovely' Bennetton jobbie in blue.
I cant post pics as my internet connection is so useless.
Great start to a new life by the sea.
Looking for a replacement bike, must be cheap and local. Not an AT.
Today we were going t open up the wall to my back yard and put a proper heavy door in.
Not the happiest chappie in the world.

#6 ·
Havig recently had my "secure" storage unit broken into I just feel you anger. Nothing is beyond these scum of the earth. When I reported my break in to the police to be told thanks, we will send you a crime no so you can claim off your insurance (no other action) and now we hear the police anouncing they wont even investigating burgularies in the future its open season for theiving.
Really sorry to hear what has happened.:(

#8 ·
Sorry to hear about this mate. Thieving scum bastards....

I'm not surprised in Swansea though. It's the bike nicking capital of the UK.

#11 ·
Gutted for ya mate, i just saw your nieces facebook post and am attempting to plaster it all over facebook now

Reactions: chunkolini
#16 ·
I'm surprised they went to the trouble of stealing a bike that was chained to something, I would think most thieves are opportunists and only go to the trouble of sawing through locks for expensive bikes, but maybe Swansea is different.

I'd keep an eye on Gumtree for someone trying to sell it on?

#18 ·
That's great news, well done.
Many years ago my 750 Honda was taken. Turned out they'd pushed it as far as they could, 4 cylinder, and dumped it in a ditch. I needed a new screen and indicator. Took a day to clean the tank cover of spilled petrol as the bike was upside down.

Glad you've got it back with minimal damage.

#19 ·
Good to hear you got it back , a new lock is not the end of the world it could have been a lot worse

#22 ·
:thumb::thumbright: best bit of news I heard in a long time I have a big smile on my face typing this . you should fit a snazzy state of the earth tracker to it while your at it . is it possible to fit an alarm that sounds a serious loud alarm attached to your house one that would make the dead shit the togs if it went off ? i'm sure in this day and age the technology is there might cost a pretty penny though .

#23 ·
Reactions: TopBuzz99
#25 ·
xena disc lock alarm, used on ebay £25+ new £70+. i had 5 locks on mine 2years ago when it went!!!!. now a 14mm & 18mm xena lock. move the bike, noise : ) glad you got it back.

#26 ·
a friend of mine hides an old blackberry (with gps function) under the seat of his scooter. when it was nicked he could trace it, found it nearby, locked up, police were called, and they broke the locks for him. although they would not let him wait for the offenders to return to it!

it might be worth you doing something similar?

#27 ·
I think I have been lucky with my new house. I have traditional hairy bikers just down the road, the ones people dont mess with. I was going to park up outside their house but felt it might be a bit fresh. Next day it was nicked. I popped round to say hello, and was ballocked for not parking with them.
They have organised my bike being rescued from the salvager. I will nest up with them until my yard is sorted.
Bike was picked up today, I go to check it out on Monday; fingers crossed.
I briefly considered selling it and buying something less special. BUT NO that is giving in to bullies. And I hate them.
Ground anchors? I will make one, mild steel is easy to cut unless you use lots of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.