Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. The throttle on my bike recently became stiff to the point it would stick open. Before this it was working fine and there were no changes to the routing of the cables etc. I took it apart and it all looks ok. I put oil down the lines and they are totally free. I cleaned the carb end (return spring etc) and that operates clear and fine with no issue and the spring has more than enough tension to return. As soon as I reassemble the cabling/throttle etc it sticks.

Everything on its own is fine, together it is sticking. Any ideas? Do I need the return cable to be connected? Can it run on just the one cable? Is it the plastic guide? It doesn't look worn but who knows!

Cheers

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
I found the plastic guide at the grip end (Transalp) a pain to get installed correctly. I recall yen powell leaving it out, I resorted to cutting it down which worked fine.
It could be that the cables are just knackered of course

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
not sure if oiling the cables helps as they may be nylon lined (on some Hondas so need to check) and oiling expands the lining so making the problem worse.

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I simply after lots of fiddling took the return cable off. Don't need it as it serves no purpose other than a typical rd04 redundancy so I have disconnected it and left it in place to be reassessed when I have time and money to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts