Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a failed reg/rec on my 1994 RD07 has damaged the ECU :( so looking out for a replacement. Anyone know of one available (even just to test to confirm mine has actually failed)? Are there any recommendations for an after-market unit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi mate,

The Reg/Rec took out my CDI when it died, I replaced it with one of these from Ignitech:

Ignition unit for XRV750 Africa Twin (1990-1995) - IgniTech P?elou?

It's worked perfectly for the last 18 months, you can also buy a USB to RS232 cable from them if you want to connect the CDI to a PC to adjust the settings, but I didn't bother as I'm not clued-up enuff to know what I'm doing :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Its funny, i ordered an Ignitech replacement only this morning. It seemed like the most cost effective replacement and good to hear that you are happy with yours. A mobile mechanic said the front cylinder was getting no spark, the rev counter has stopped working and the fuel pump is not operating (fuel pump relay checked out ok though) - i think these can all be symptoms of a bad CDI unit?

BobA - i'm not far from Streatham.

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
There's a slim chance I might be working this weekend, and I would have been riding through Streatham, so might have been able to pop in and let you quickly try my RD04 CDI, which I think is the same.

Not a definite, and probably not so important if you've already ordered a new CDI.

Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the generous offer BobA. I can't wait for the magic box to arrive - i really hope it will be plug and play as I'm itching to get out on the bike.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts