Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I changed the hub bearings a while back but today, riding in the Slovenian alps, the sprocket bearing failed... I remembered the old bearing to have a widened inner shell but I decided it was part of the bearing and when everyone says 6204 is the correct one, maybe it's a direct replacement. I didn't see nothing about the spacer 馃檪
And now 3000 km later I understand what it was in the middle of a Europe tour. Since I doubt that in Slovenia I will find in stock one, I will find some lathe service and make it from scratch. Does anyone have any dimensions because I know the rough ones and the inner diameter but not the length of the spacing part.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help 馃檪

Registered
Yup. It happened to me too. I changed the bearing and didn't remember to transfer the spacer and disgarded the spacer along with the old baring. The bearing didn't last long.

Part #16 is 42625-MA6-000

Maybe somebody can measure it if he has one spare

Attachments

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hello again!
I managed to find a lathe in the area and they made a 8mm separation part and it works. When I go back home I will search for the old bearing bush if I kept it at all... Otherwise I will order a new one.
Somehow everything managed to happen in 3 hours in the morning eventhough we were in a tourist part of the country... I think that maybe things turned out the best way they could have considering everything!
Thanks for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts