Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to hoard a pair of RD07a choke plungers - if they have to have bought a cable with them on or have some from a set of carbs they have stripped down - otherwise it's a main dealer part only and one of my limbs in exchange....:(

or other models if they are compatible

·
Registered
494 Posts
ive got a pair from an rd04 will they fit?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't know about dat sir?, but I might be able to find out over the weekend so hang on to them for me just in case - ta very much.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seemingly not:(

RD07A choke plungers cannot be replaced by RD04 - different,

anyone got RD07 plungers knocking about????and will they fit??:D

OR - if I have to buy them apparently they will come with the bend plastic tube and hex bits that easily snap - so if anyone is short of them we might be able to do a deal to sell those bits as I won't be needing them...

·
Registered
346 Posts
why don't you look on the Tech Page and see if they have the same part number. Having said that i thought improvements to the carbs (i.e. different) was one of the differences between the RD07 and RD07a.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The BAD NEWS
Last time I bought just one it was over £56 from a honda agent !
Ouch:(

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hence the post! but I guess any one who has them will be hanging on to them - I really want two as well :(

You never know though - there might be some out there looking for a new home!

·
its just a ride!
135 Posts
I was also looking for the choke elbow and little black plastic hex fitting (which easily snaps) and had to stomach an exceptional price from David Silver spares. I still have the old elbow attachment but used the hex fitting.

Seems it made little difference to starting the engine anyway and so if u can live without sure she will start every time!

The other alternative is to create a cast from the old hex part and form a new one using some plastic granules – I will see if I can find out more on this if ur interested?

as for a complete pair – reckon you'll be lucky – if u can mackle together a couple of new sets from old parts may be the best bet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts