Honda XRV Forum banner
1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  quaycrest 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking for a crankshaft or engine for my rd07a 2001 xrv750.

I know both are long shots and tough to locate but I thought I would ask on the forum first.

I believe all africa twin xrv750 crankshafts are the same part number from 1990 onwards.

Many thanks in advance,

Ian

#3 ·
Hi Frankthesurf,

Many thanks for the info on the Facebook bike breaking but I sourced a second-hand crankshaft from German ebay with Conn rods last night. It's for an 1990 xrv750 but looks in great condition and has the same crank and journal codes as my original crank. The item has 1 month return so decided to take the risk at £240 including shipping.

Ian.

#5 ·
Engine is already stripped down so no pics of that. Discovered the crankshaft needed replacing as some of the teeth on the flywheel side were damaged/ missing. The gear teeth missing dont drive the chain they just retain the needle bearing race in the flywheel. The other inner teeth row drive the camshaft chain for the relevant cylinder and they are all intact. Will try to get some pics when reassembling.

#6 ·
Shame I've not logged on for a while... I probably could have helped. I picked up a seized RD07 engine a while ago. Well, turned out to be seized when I arrived to pick up, it was left in someone's damp garage for years... It was cheap enough so I bought it for parts anyway. Never got round to taking it apart... And I am in close enough too...

#8 ·
No worries mate. Let me know if it doesn't work out or you need other bits. I haven't quite decided what I'm doing with that engine yet. I still need to tear my own AT apart to get the frame cleaned and powdercoated...Too cold at the moment. Then it will get "too nice to be wrenching in the garage" . :) story of my life.

Oh, and good luck with the build!

#9 ·
Cheers and hopefully I won't need any other parts!

I used Cookies excellent strip down images to take my bike apart and strip to get frame and other bits powercoated. I used ESP in Glasgow and they did a great job and they know about prepping bike frames.

#10 ·
Hi Quaycrest

Keep us updated on the rebuild please. I see your from North Ayrshire which is where I was originally from, still have family in area and would be great to meet up next time I'm up there. All going well I'll be the proud owner of an RD07 first week of Feb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.