Honda XRV Forum banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Last year at around 180,000km and I've owned it since new. Non genuine front sprockets since they became available in Oz.
My secret is ignore Honda and give it a bit more slack in the chain.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
180,000kms! :oops: very impressive. Good call on having less chain tension, i agree.
How is the bike going? ever had a rebuild or freshen up? does it burn much oil?

Cheers

·
Registered
252 Posts
Had to replace cam chains at about 145,000 km so I got the clutch kit replaced and Pro-link bearings too. I bought the parts and should have done them myself but paid to have them done.
It probably needs a rebuild but it's still going strong so I'm leaving it. Most of the time it uses no oil, though on one occasion in the last 3 years it did drink about 0.5L between services.
The ICU/ECM died in January but it took until August to get around to properly prove keys, key antenna and wiring were not to blame.
The Ignitech unit cost $334.??, less than 1/3 of genuine and took 3 weeks to arrive, while genuine was minimum 6 weeks from Japan.
I then had to get used to riding it again as it felt like it wanted to fall in its side in corners. It turns out my current favourite bike, a Suzuki xf650 Freewind that has similar ergonomics but lighter with wider tyres and is great fun in the twisty stuff also takes more steering input to corner.
A case of remember which bike you're on and how it reacts to steering inputs etc.
For the age and distance traveled it's a great bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Last year at around 180,000km and I've owned it since new. Non genuine front sprockets since they became available in Oz.
My secret is ignore Honda and give it a bit more slack in the chain.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
this is not the original gearbox shaft, it has been changed

Poslato sa WAS-LX1 pomoću Tapatoka

·
Registered
252 Posts
That is fairly common with bikes fitted with this type of front sprocket. Loosen the chain a little and greatly extend the life of the shaft.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts