Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to relay my experience with my tripmaster repair. My 2002-reg RD07A Tripmaster started to show "ghost" characters. As well as the true LCD character displayed I was also seeing the remaining elements of the character in the display - very confusing and difficult to distinguish, particularly in certain light conditions. A search of the forums revealed that Joerg Hau in Switzerland may be able to help. I sent the unit off to him; he restored it to full health on the same day he received it and sent it back to me promptly (all at a very reasonable cost, and done and dusted within 14 days; Christmas included). I also sent his details to my Africa Twin mate up in Cumbria; exactly the same excellent service.
Do a search on this forum for his name; cannot recommend this guy highly enough. (Very interesting website too).
Happy New Year to all,
Flyingcharlie

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I agree looks a fantastic refurbishment.

Having read about the finite lifetime of the capacitors on these TripMasters, I've just got mine replaced as
a precaution before they leak. The parts cost a few quid but you need an expert with a soldering iron to do the work.
Luckily, I've got a mate with the necessary skills :p

The photos below shows my PCB - the 6 capacitors with yellow dots were replaced. Maplin sell them.

AT Tripmaster.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should add that the image in my 1st post above is before the refurb - you can see the ghosting of the characters. that's now gone completely,
And, yes, the screen, case and buttons are in good nick and needed no work at all by Joerg.

Next job is a seat rebuild by Tony Archer.

Flyingcharlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts