Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Africans,

I had purchased a 1999 RD07A in very good condition. But I found an annoying issue with engine vibration. When RPM goes from 4500, I feel vibration on the footpegs and on the handlebar, and when I pull the clutch the bike stops vibrating.
Already I have done valve clearance adjustment, carb cleaning and synchronisation, checked engine bolts, sprockets and chain. Everything is in normal condition.
Any thoughts? Have you had this issue, how you solved it?

Though I have xl600 and xl650 transalps, they run very smoothly.
Cheers from Lithuania!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Any engine will vibrate at a certain RPM. It is called mechanical resonnance. The XRV 750 motor is not exempt and this indeed happens around 4500 RPM, then it disappears. I have tried rejetting (it helps a bit to run slightly richer), balancing the carbs to perfection, but that resonnance remains. Oh well. This is part of this bike's personality ;-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any engine will vibrate at a certain RPM. It is called mechanical resonnance. The XRV 750 motor is not exempt and this indeed happens around 4500 RPM, then it disappears. I have tried rejetting (it helps a bit to run slightly richer), balancing the carbs to perfection, but that resonnance remains. Oh well. This is part of this bike's personality ;-)
Yes, I know that. But I compared transalp and africa, transalp has vibration of course but it is quite gently. Africa vibration is annoying and it not disappears after 4500 RPM.

I saw some posts that iridium spark plugs can solved it, anybody tried it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts