Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is willing to trade his 950 ADV for my @RD07.. Bike for bike and both are in top notch condition.. What do you recommend as i have never owed a KTM and am not an off road driver..

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would say that’s a good deal. The 950 is the RD03 version of the AT, it is going to be a cult bike. The RD07 is a bit ‘less special’. If they are in good condition I reccon prices are a bit the same, so swap seems an oké deal. The 950 is perfectly capable of onroad riding, though it’s more dirt oriented then the RD07. 950 has a lot more power and handling is way better. The 950 is pretty reliable, I dare to say as much as the AT. It does need a bit more maintenance love to keep it that way.

I went from a RD07 to a 990 Adv and it was the best choice ever (though I have an RD03 beside the 990 aswell :-D).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say that’s a good deal. The 950 is the RD03 version of the AT, it is going to be a cult bike. The RD07 is a bit ‘less special’. If they are in good condition I reccon prices are a bit the same, so swap seems an oké deal. The 950 is perfectly capable of onroad riding, though it’s more dirt oriented then the RD07. 950 has a lot more power and handling is way better. The 950 is pretty reliable, I dare to say as much as the AT. It does need a bit more maintenance love to keep it that way.

I went from a RD07 to a 990 Adv and it was the best choice ever (though I have an RD03 beside the 990 aswell :-D).
Hi Turbinerepair,

My bad, the guy wants to exchange a 990 ADV for my RD07.. Pics attached

My guess this is even better but I loove my RD07 as I have had it for the past 20 years.. .. pics attached as well

Let me know your feedback .

Cheers,
Georges

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
They both look very nice! Pricewise it’s an even better deal, the 990 is worth more (in Northern Europe). The only negative I can say about the 990 is that the throttle response can be very snatchy (on/off), especially in low rpm’s. The 950 and your AT, which have carbs, are way smoother. So I would suggest to test ride it first and see how that feels and offcourse the overall driving. I was sold within 50 meters of riding when I bought my 990 :D.

·
Registered
961 Posts
After 20 years I would keep the rd07 grass is not always greener on the other side. Power I would think is not the problem, your bike is reliable,good condition and does what you want. Just my opinion and I would only swop if you want a modern good braking powerful bike.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It’s personal, so that’s why you have to do a test ride. And I would make sure that if you would make the swop, you have dibbs on the AT when he ever wants to sell it again!

Edit: And talking about the 990, it’s not that modern and also not that good braking. Mine is 14 yrs old. Aside of ABS (which I removed) it does not have any other driver aids, so it’s pretty pure as is the AT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Georges

I have the XRV 750 and the KTM 990 at the moment and must be honest, I hardly ride the XRV anymore! The KTM wins hands down for me but its a personal choice as others have said. Have a test ride and see what suits you best

20190817_123859.jpg 20191230_162328.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I decided to keep the RD07 since both times the owner of the KTM wanted to come over to show it to me "and each would drive the other's bike to try it" his bike quit on him.. He would call at the last minute to cancel the meeting due to the bike stopping on the road and the guy lives 10 minutes away... So I guess faith decided and I personally am very attached to the @ and would not have let go easily..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man.. I drive it a few hundred kilometers a year.. She is a garage queen.. don't need queens!! 😅😅

·
Registered
961 Posts
Thanks for reply I think you made a good choice. You have a immaculate twin show it off and my opinion for what its worth if you get time ride it one day you will be to old lol no offence meant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts