Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Insurance

So Carole Nash have just quoted me for my RD03 on the frame number.
They said the policy would be thorough Aviva and because the bike is an import and not on their system they have to price the insurance a different way.
£797.68 with £100 excess!!!

Can anybody advise a more reasonable option as that is extortion!!!???

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts

So Carole Nash have just quoted me for my RD03 on the frame number.
They said the policy would be thorough Aviva and because the bike is an import and not on their system they have to price the insurance a different way.
£797.68 with £100 excess!!!

Can anybody advise a more reasonable option as that is extortion!!!???
Whealie's yer man for a job like this. Drop him a PM.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

I despair at companies that train staff to even say the words "It's not on the system". It's precisely at that point that you want the human broker rather than the computer broker to use human intelligence and not artificial intelligence to look into the problem.

Carole Nash can do unusual risks but you obviously just got someone who read the computer screen. Try Bikesure - it is another that can handle unsuual risks. It is possible to get past the call centre workers and get decent broking from many of the biker brokers but it is often not easy and they put you off with their initial "computer says no" answers.

If not come back to me and I'll try a different approach to them.

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts

Total bollocks. I have an RD03 insured with Carole Nash.

Just checked my schedule and it shows it as Honda Africa Twin 650cc insured with Groupama (who now own CN)

If you want me to PM you my registration number so they can cross reference it, I will

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

My daughters bike is a grey import. We insured it insured through Carole Nash.The person who took the call told us that they didnt have a Honda VRX 400 on the system. He then proceded to ask the description, ( and googled th bike i think) and looked for a similar bike that was on their system. They based the premium on that. It was a good price at the time for someone who was 17 at the time and had just her 125 stolen.
A real and knowlegable human being.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Never had a problem insuring the 'grey' NC30, some insurers were finnicky with the modified/unfaired Transrat, others just wanted the changes listing with no hike in premium...

Shop around!

sent from my 'phone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts