Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like its all gonna work out!

I found a place to stay (in a Pub/over a pub :D - dont know if thats good for a whisky lover though....)

Answer from the company I wanted to do the internship with. ...:
The answer is not if we would but how we can make it work for you.

I understand that as a yes... pretty much.

So from middle october to middle november I will be in the area Hereford/Gloucester (one is work, the other where I stay)

One weekend I will visit a friend somewhere east of London... and I think Lord Vader lives somethere around there.... wanna meet?

All the other weekends are off so far. Already looked it up, no meetings :(. So if anybody wants to meet up for a ride or just a cup of coffee... I'd really love that.

Any maybe someone could help me out with some emergency phonenumbers? Somebody who could help me out with some advice when needed. In Germany I know how things are running but in GB? Never spent that much time there. Longest stay was 10 days. And by car it is slightly different.

Anyhow I am really excited that it all is going to work out. Work / internship from 9-5 and in the evenings I will help out in the pub. Sounds like a bucket load of fun to me (yes I am strange...)

Would love to meet some of you guys in person. I know it is not exactly tomorrow... but received the answer the day before yesterday... and cant keep my mouth :toothy3: .

Will bring Hank! My little black/red 650 trannie.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I am up in NW London if u ever want to pop up there for a tea or breakfast at the Ace Cafe
Good luck with everything!

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
gloucester is in an area called "the cotswolds"

very nice area, lots of quiet roads to explore

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Any maybe someone could help me out with some emergency phonenumbers? Somebody who could help me out with some advice when needed
You may have noticed a few members with "safe house" in there signatures these are members who can offer facilities for repairing your bike, maybe a bed for the night or a garden to pitch your tent in, or even just a cup of coffee...It might be worth PMing one of two of the members in the areas you're gonna travel for backup phone numbers ect we have a reputation of being quite helpful (I've had to call on these services previously myself):thumbup:

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am up in NW London if u ever want to pop up there for a tea or breakfast at the Ace Cafe
Good luck with everything!
Heard about the Ace Cafe. Would love a coffee there. Will Pm you when I am on my way to my friend, cause on the way back I think it would fit quite well.

gloucester is in an area called "the cotswolds"

very nice area, lots of quiet roads to explore
that sounds really good. Looking forward to that.

You may have noticed a few members with "safe house" in there signatures these are members who can offer facilities for repairing your bike, maybe a bed for the night or a garden to pitch your tent in, or even just a cup of coffee...It might be worth PMing one of two of the members in the areas you're gonna travel for backup phone numbers ect we have a reputation of being quite helpful (I've had to call on these services previously myself):thumbup:
Good idea. Checked the safe house list. There are two in the area.... who will be PMed shortly :D It is fun when you have no geographical knowledge and have to look every "shire" up there is in googlemaps... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts