Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a full set of bolts to fit the rear footpeg hangers to the frame. My young daughters are dying for a pillion ride on my new 1993 RD04.

Does anyone have a set tucked away in their garage please?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Where's Kitped when you need him! I thought someone would have some spare bolts and he was prime suspect.

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know....I thought somebody might give me a shout after all the Dakar conversions and modified bikes floating around someone must have a set of these bolts please.....

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I am not having much luck with these......could somebody please let me know the bolt sizes so that I can buy some locally.....thanks

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I just found three. That would do one side.

Reactions: Buellie

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I don't have any spares unfortunately, but to get some new ones if you go to:

Honda Motorcycle Parts, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Motorcycle Parts - ATV, Classic Bike, Dirt Bike Parts

and put honda and 'xrv' in the search boxes then a pop up menu will show a list of bike years. Chose your model, then you get a list of diagrams with all the spare parts and code numbers.

They still appear to have all the oem nuts, bolts, washers etc available. They might be a bit pricey including delivery to the UK, but once you have the honda part number from that site you can search google for the cheapest source, or if you have a local honda dealer they should be able to order them in for you so you can pick them up in person for free. Or David silvers might have them at the same price. Sometimes doing a search on ebay for the part number can come up trumps too as honda used the same parts for lots of different bikes in some cases.

Little OEM items like this can sometimes be a bit pricey new, but it might save you a lot of hassle in this case if you can't get hold of second hand ones.I seem to remember those hanger bolts having really big heads and a collar on the shaft, so it might be tricky to use generic bolts there (not sure and my memory is a bit sketchy as it's ages since I had them out - the diagrams at that cmsnl site will probably confirm it).

Captain Scarlet from here might have some but I'm not sure if he'd be wanting to sell them with the hangers, or if his membership is still up to date here. I can drop him a line if you get stuck or if the new ones are really expensive.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
on the lings honda fiche thing, says it's a m8 x 10, doesn't mention the 10mm+/- non-threaded shaft bit, or the saucepan head. maybe mine aren't original. rd04 1990.

IMG_0876.jpg
IMG_0877.jpg

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Those are the proper ones. Sometimes the Honda description isn't overly accurate on the fiches. The RD04 I broke had M8 Allen Cap bolts and large washers instead of the proper fixings.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whealie I would appreciate if you could have a look for the others, one more would do me as I have found two of those in a box of bits that came with the bike. Let me know what you want for them (pm if you wish) and could you post them out for me?

regards
Ray

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
You are in luck. One more found. PM your address.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
What I can't work out is why three were in one place and one in another, or why I have only four when you need six.:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Got it. Will post

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Massive public thanks to Whealie for sending the bolts to me, received today thanks so much I really appreciate what you have done for me as a new member:cheers:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
we all started as new members.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts