Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy is it to remove rear hub (Cush drive) in order to check the Rubber dampers conditions? Is there any special technique or procedure to follow? I read that these should just come out easily but this one I have seems solid as if something is holding it into place. (Can't see any thing obvious!!)..
Before I get a screw driver in there, I rather hear from previous experience.. Cheers :thumbup:

·
2,701 Posts
When the rubber's are old it can get a bit sticky, add a little alloy corrosion into the mix and it can be a pig to seperate.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Put the wheel disc side down. Drop the wheel spindle in to keep everything lined up. Rotate the sprocket repeatedly one way then the other quite hard while gently pulling the sprocket and carrier off the wheel. It will gradually work its way out bit at a time doing this. Well, that's how I've got them out in the past. YMMV

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Put the wheel disc side down. Drop the wheel spindle in to keep everything lined up. Rotate the sprocket repeatedly one way then the other quite hard while gently pulling the sprocket and carrier off the wheel. It will gradually work its way out bit at a time doing this. Well, that's how I've got them out in the past. YMMV
Same way for me here and you could also squirt a little GT85 or WD40 in carefully to break the seal

It's usually the grease has dried up and the rubber mated to corroded alloy as Airwolf states

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I've never had trouble separating the sprocket carrier from the hub, but if you do, boil a kettle up, then pour hot water over the hub (not the carrier) give the whole lot a few gentle taps with a wooden or rubber mallet and hopefully it should come apart.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you to you all for helpful advice.. I will have ago at it tomorrow..(If I'm allowed using the Kitchen Floor ?? :D:D:D )

I wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.. Have a good one and best wishes...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Wingnut for photo, All done done today and happy with them, Gave them a good clean and bit of WD40 ...
Thank you all for great advise... :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts