Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kiwi lost in europe
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get hold of a rear indicator bracket?

basically i'm looking for the ones that move the indicators towards the rear, which creates more room for the panniers to mount.

I guess it comes with either the pannier mounts or the top box mounting bracket.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
They do mainly come with the brackets to mount the frames on the bike but it is possible to get the brackets that mount on the numberplate carrier.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
What rack are you using for the panniers?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Most people make up their own to go under the rear of the top box/rear rack or change to small mini indicators that will fit between the pannier frames and the bike. The only bracket I know of that mounts on the rear is the one that comes with the honda panniers,unfortunately this normally gets left on the bike when sold on even if the racks have been sold seperately. I have two sets of honda ones and only one of them came with the indicator mounting bar.
It's not a big job to make one,a piece of bent plate with a hole big enough to pass the indicator through and a hole to mount to a bolt passed through the rear rack. You do have to extend the indicator wiring though as honda are not generous with the amount of wire and supply some extension pieces with their rack kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts