Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
If it's like the 650 Alp, if you lift the rubber damper up, there is a nut (22mm if I recall for the Alp), with the bottom bracket clamped in a vice, unscrew the nut h it will (once at the end of its thread) unscrew the damper rod.

May be different on the AT, but doubt it'll be significantly so.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh ive un done the spring rings so the spring is loose now becouse i dont want to undo the union for the canister the spring does not move much and for the life of me i cant see how it comes apart :cussing:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Undo the shock ring until the spring is loose then there is a rubber bump stop under the big washer the other side if the hoof , prise it down to reveal a 24mm nut , put the hoof in the vice and undo the nut and bingo !

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
as packman says... easy! did mine today! fully undo the lock-nut then the spring nut. Turn upside down & hit the spring down, it'll fall 4/5/6cm... exposing a nut. Secure in a vice & undo the nut. Simples...

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Sorted , just havin a taller hoof made now and busy rubbing stuff down and paintig it . :thumbup:
Any pictures of the taller hoof, I'm looking at getting some machined out of stainless to raise the back to match the riser slugs I have had made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts