Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear shock on my RD04 is really harsh at holes and bumps, and it goes thru the whole bike.

Its feels like the compression damping is too hard. I have tried to adjust it, but I can’t feel any difference.
I have 30 mm free sag, and 70 mm rider sag, so the spring should be ok. (from the 10%/30% rule, I have calculated the spring to be 9% too stiff, but I don’t think this is causing the problem).

My RD04 is modified a bit, so the fully fueled weight is 210 kg, and the weight on the rear wheel (with 10L missing in the tank) is 100 kg.
The big question is now: Should I go for a rebuild of the original shock, or should I find an aftermarket shock in the cheap end (YSS, Hagon, Wilbers Ecoline)?
If it is going to be a new shock, I will spend around 400€ on it.

It is the best gravel road and offroad performance and comfort I am looking for. I almost only use the bike for gravel roads and offroad, and road transport to find it ?

/Peter

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer Paul-S.

The Nitron looks really good, but i am looking for a bit cheaper rear shock. My currently preferred candidate is the Wilbers Ecoline (400 euro).

But before I can order it, i need to know how much lighter my RD04 is comparred to a fully fueled standard one.

My RD04 have a fully fueled rear wheel weight of 105 kg.

Can anybody with a standard RD04 help me with a fully fueled rear wheel weight?

My RD04:
Med kåbe.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts