Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody looked at whether the CRF rear shcok would fit an RD04/07? The look like similar top and bottom mounts - just wondering about the length (fnurk!)

Cant find any dimensions anywhere

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
The CRF spring is the same length as the RD07 spring but a larger diameter. I know that because when i had my RD07 shock off the other day i have a hyperpro spring here for the CRF that i compared it with i was thinking of fitting it but wasn't happy with the larger diameter.
The preload adjuster will be where the fuel pump and pipes are and looks like it would be ok with some moving about. But why would you, it's not the best on the CRF its far too soft for a fatty like me and after fitting the hyperpro spring it's working great but the rebound is maxed out so no adjustment left

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got thinking. My twin is quite a bit lighter than most because I have taken pretty much everything off. Fairing, clocks and brackets, bodywork, rear subframe and plastics. Add to that my OEM shock is old and I was looking for a replacement and on eBay OEM CRF shocks are under £200. I would be prepare to reroute pump and lines etc and was looking for measurements. Do you recall how much wider it was?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I just got thinking. My twin is quite a bit lighter than most because I have taken pretty much everything off. Fairing, clocks and brackets, bodywork, rear subframe and plastics. Add to that my OEM shock is old and I was looking for a replacement and on eBay OEM CRF shocks are under £200. I would be prepare to reroute pump and lines etc and was looking for measurements. Do you recall how much wider it was?
If i get a chance tomorrow i'll see if i can take some measurements

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Had a look but its difficult because the shock is on the bike
mounting hole centres top to bottom is roughly 395 - 340mm
the width between the fork at the bottom mount is 30mm
cant get at the top mount
and the outer diameter of the hyperpro spring is 80mm

The RD07 shock mounting points are about 10mm shorter but the bottom fork is the same width

1 - 5 of 5 Posts