Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Middle-aged Junior Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my rear suspension.
I have been browsing t 'ínternet and found the following:
If anyone has any useful input please let me know because there is a huge difference in price between the contenders

Price No.1 Genuine Honda GBP 176.00 inc vat

Price No.2 Hagon Monoshock GBP 248.00inc vat

Price No.3Hyperpro USA Remote Reservoir USD 749.95

Price no.4
White Power 4014 fusion fully adjustable shock @ £475+vat or a 4014 emulsion which has rebound and preload only adjustment @ £339+vat

Then of course there is Price number 5
Ohlins from African Queens: 1156.00euro and that is just with preload

Let me know what you think! Epecially anyone who is actually using their bike off-road and I don't mean bumping up on the kerb to get round traffic!
http://www.wpsuspension.co.uk/images/products/t_4014_road_track_shock.gif

·
Registered
73 Posts
My choice has always been WP, on any bike. I've tried Ohlins in the past and while they are simply exquisite they haven't that special feeling only WP gives me.
Moreover it's the suspension of choice of KTM and they have a pretty comprehensive off-road experience so my vote is definetely in their favour! :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm very interested to hear about examples where people have properly tested their shock. I used to use Ohlins on my racebikes because they worked straight out of the box, technicians knew how to fiddle with them properly and, because (most) people had them you could sometimes compare settings with other riders. Not relevant here of course.

Has anyone done large distances on terrible roads with passenger and/or lots of luggage and can quote nothing but praise for their shock (or heap verifiable scorn on their choice for breaking and leaving them stranded)?

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Check out this thread http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16757&highlight=shocker

I have ended up going with wp, and am waiting on delivery now.. it turned out to be cheeper and Kevin was a true expert, the ohlins guys were not that impressive I would ask a question and they would not know the answer.
the best guy on this site is Atgreg to ask questions of..
but if you can wait a few weeks i'll be happy to give you a full report I will also have a spare shocker that you could get customised without taking your bike off the road (if an dr07a will fit and rd03.. but it could also be a down grade).

That is a good point I would call Full Travel suspension and see if there is a wp for and rd03 it may be hard to find..

·
Registered
547 Posts
The RDo7 shocks are different, the remote comes of a different side and the linkages are slightly different so the spring / valving are different. I know this as we tried to put my spare tricked up RD04 shock into a mates RD07, it went in but it didn't work very well and the hose for the remote was a real problem to fit without it hitting on anything and breaking off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts