Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear wheel bearing (not sure if both sides or just one) has failed silently and completely. I am waiting for NAF outside Luleaa. Anyone know a workshop in Luleaa that can fix this quickly?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also what are the rear bearing dimensions? I can never remember. 63-something-something :)

·
Ron
22 Posts
Can't help you with the workshop address, but here are the bearing(s):

AT Sprocket: 6204 (28 x 47,2 x 7) Rear Wheel Hub right hs: 6203 (25 x 40 x 7) Rear Hub Left: 6303
O-ring 1991/92 : 61 x 2 and > 1992 : 62 x 2

Good luck,
Ron.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ron. I hope I haven't borked the hub. Wheel seems to spin ok though, and there was no play until I loosened the axle a few times and reseated the wheel. The sound it makes is a clicking/clanking at low speeds. At first I thought it was the worn front sprocket. Had I only been so lucky ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Navis Maskin Luleå let me use their workshop. Got new SKF bearings from Tools Momentum Luleå. Hub was ok, axle was ok. Rattle came from center pipe. On the road again after a hefty 1.5 hour in the workshop. I paid 500 NOK to the business and 500 under the desk to the two helpful employees. This was WAY too exciting. Need me a beer!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Currently enjoying a couple of isterbands and chorizos accompanied by a finnish Lapin Kulta. At Ansia camp, Lycksele. This is a really nice place, even with all the families. Will cover 500kms tomorrow and then I'm home again. Wow what ride!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Glad you're back rolling again Andrerav

·
Registered
388 Posts
Strange..Mine went west when I was on my way up sweden..had the front bearings changed at the same time just in case..new bearings etc front and back plus labour...2500 SEK :cyclops:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Must be another common problem or our AT's are just reaching old age lol..making me paranoid about the suspension bearings now :toothy3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts