Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My Rear wheel of my 88 RD03 has serious rim rot and the bike won't get through an MOT. I've been trying to source a new rear wheel but had no luck. I have found a rear wheel from a 1998 model and wondering if it would fit? Thought I'd ask hear for advice.

My other route is to get a third party rim but want to keep the bike original.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Frazer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not even this. Don't know why, but always return to this conversation. I am on mobile android now, not at home with desktop. Maybe the problem is android, every day some updates....

·
I can ride all day.
360 Posts
Why don't you rebuild a new rim and spokes onto your hub that's what i did. You can't get 2.50s any more but 2.75s fit fine.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why don't you rebuild a new rim and spokes onto your hub that's what i did. You can't get 2.50s any more but 2.75s fit fine.

I did see excel rims but heard the colour is different? More yellow than the gold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I can ride all day.
360 Posts
I did see excel rims but heard the colour is different? More yellow than the gold?

Mine were silver to start. I took the old and new one to a anodizer and he match it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you be able to pass on the details where you got the Rim from and where you got it anodised please Wayne

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, back home and have seen it on desk top.... the price is good but you can use only the rim because the hub is not for disk brake. Talk to seller to send you more photos of the rim close up and if is good than negotiate a price

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been told that if you buy the rear caliper bracket for the RD04 you can then fit the RD04 rear wheel on an RD03, not tried it though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts