Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of mine have corroded. One has split badly. Will send them off to get new rims and spokes but in the meantime rear wheel needed.

Anyone got one I can borrow?

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Will a dommie one fit ?? i doubt it but i have got the rear one i got for my vigor that you could use
Merv

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a rear wheel but before you get to excited look at my gallery it is not the spoked wheel its the mag wheel and as you can see it does fit a RD07. The other problem is how to get it to you? What do you suggest?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am looking for a spoked version. Even as a temporary solution.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I have spare wheels with TKCs on

You could borrow this/them providing you don't let Vader near it !!

Logistics would be a problem getting it / them to you and back

I could do a car trip part way Birmingham or somewhere and meet you ?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have spare wheels with TKCs on

You could borrow this/them providing you don't let Vader near it !!

Logistics would be a problem getting it / them to you and back

I could do a car trip part way Birmingham or somewhere and meet you ?
Cheers Paul, will PM you back.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Will a dommie one fit ?? i doubt it but i have got the rear one i got for my vigor that you could use
Merv
Hi Merv

I might be after a rear wheel for my SLR, would yours fit if you'd be willing to sell it to me?

Reason being for a little while now I've had a slight wobble on the bike, I've put up with this for a little while now and rechecked everything that it could be related to - tyre pressure, fitting, wheel alignment, head bearings, anything loose, chain, brakes - and they are all absolutely fine.
So I went to my shop and the bloke took it out for a long ride and came back saying yep, it definitely wobbles!! (Least it's not just me...
).

Anyway, we did the one thing I can't do on my own which was to lift each wheel and spin them round off the ground to check there were no buckles, and we found the rear wheel has the tiniest of buckles in it. However the spokes are all pretty tight and apparently he said there's nothing I can really do about it, the spokes are so old they won't budge so it'd either be replacing all the spokes or a new wheel. I was told it wouldn't affect the bike and I didn't need to worry about it... it is frustrating though!!

So just wondered if a solution might be to get another wheel if it isn't too expensive - even better if you've still got a tyre on it!? :toothy7: :thumbright:

And Whealie, how much is it costing you to get your wheels respoked if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Whealie you tw*t ! have you got no brains ? :rolleyes:

There is a brand new wheel / disc / sprocket / Anakee. Sitting on the back of my @. Come round Friday pm or Sat am and we can drive out, and take it off. :)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And Whealie, how much is it costing you to get your wheels respoked if you don't mind me asking?
I am getting mine completely rebuilt. Hubs powdercoated new rims and spokes and treated and painted black. Works out at £250 each. Done by Paul Ritson, as recommended on this site.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whealie you tw*t ! have you got no brains ? :rolleyes:

There is a brand new wheel / disc / sprocket / Anakee. Sitting on the back of my @. Come round Friday pm or Sat am and we can drive out, and take it off. :)
Should have thought of that.

Have bought a knackered Transalp wheel off eBay, which should be the same. Will use it until mine come back then James is having it to get rebuilt as his hub is cracked.

Fancy meeting up Friday anyway? Seem too nice weather not to? I can have a look at that website issue too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am getting mine completely rebuilt. Hubs powdercoated new rims and spokes and treated and painted black. Works out at £250 each. Done by Paul Ritson, as recommended on this site.

£250 EACH!!! :shaking:. Jeez that's a lot, surely a new wheel is cheaper than that!? Well I wouldn't know, but it's not worth my while paying that much personally - my bike's probably only worth 3-4 times that as it is! :thumbleft:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
£250 EACH!!! :shaking:. Jeez that's a lot, surely a new wheel is cheaper than that!? Well I wouldn't know, but it's not worth my while paying that much personally - my bike's probably only worth 3-4 times that as it is! :thumbleft:
You show me a new wheel cheaper and I'll buy it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You show me a new wheel cheaper and I'll buy it.
Fair enough, I didn't realise they were so expensive! Just called my local bike shop and they quoted "a fortune" for a new wheel :p and about £215 for a new rim and spokes.

Blimey this bike thing is becoming more expensive by the day! I don't even want to add up what I've spent on my SLR so far what with head bearings, tyres, rear shock and now the rear wheel needing something doing to it...

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blimey this bike thing is becoming more expensive by the day!
I know. I have been prostituting myself for ten days now. So far I have £7.29.:D

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Should have thought of that.

Have bought a knackered Transalp wheel off eBay, which should be the same. Will use it until mine come back then James is having it to get rebuilt as his hub is cracked.

Fancy meeting up Friday anyway? Seem too nice weather not to? I can have a look at that website issue too.
Well the wheal is still there for you if it goes t*ts up.:)

Friday would be good,but I got afternoon Physio, so not home before late afternoon. If you are up for it text me,but I'm guessing you were thinking earlier ? Cabby will prob' drop in early eve' too. He's all Normandy now. :rolleyes: ...............If not it ain't no biggy ! :):):)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the wheal is still there for you if it goes t*ts up.:)

Friday would be good,but I got afternoon Physio, so not home before late afternoon. If you are up for it text me,but I'm guessing you were thinking earlier ? Cabby will prob' drop in early eve' too. He's all Normandy now. :rolleyes: ...............If not it ain't no biggy ! :):):)
Fancy Lunch? I could cycle up getting a bit of exercise in the process? And I need a computer cable so could got to Tottenham Court Road.

Will text you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts