Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoy a bit of clueless spannering but generally make things worse, not too bad at polishing though!

Anyone got any recommendations for a garage or mechanic in the Newport/Pontypool area?

The obvious big boy is South Wales Superbikes in Newport, been in there a few times but never actually spoken to anyone, anyone used them for spannering?? Imagine as a dealer they may be a bit more expensive than a trusty backsteeet garage.

Cheers

·
Am I that old?????????
214 Posts
I wouldn't go there, did a very poor service on my Kawasaki Meanstreak. Missed out some of the service items and vere very funny about it when I aked why.

·
Registered
212 Posts
fridge said:
Enjoy a bit of clueless spannering but generally make things worse, not too bad at polishing though!

Anyone got any recommendations for a garage or mechanic in the Newport/Pontypool area?

The obvious big boy is South Wales Superbikes in Newport, been in there a few times but never actually spoken to anyone, anyone used them for spannering?? Imagine as a dealer they may be a bit more expensive than a trusty backsteeet garage.

Cheers
WHATS YOU NEED DOING THEN :?: :?: :?: :?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mudplug said:
WHATS YOU NEED DOING THEN :?: :?: :?: :?:
Bit of a mystery electrical fault, maybe regulator. Not at all hot on sparks so partly that; also thinking about the 24000 service that's not too far off.

·
Am I that old?????????
214 Posts
If I needed to use a mechanic I'd go to
Dick Jones > Motorcycle Repairs And Servicing in Cardiff
Tel: 029 20483217 - 59-65 Broadway, Cardiff, CF24 1XJ

First class mechanic and nice guy, been doing it forever

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rolo said:
If I needed to use a mechanic I'd go to
Dick Jones > Motorcycle Repairs And Servicing in Cardiff
Tel: 029 20483217 - 59-65 Broadway, Cardiff, CF24 1XJ
Rolo, thanks for the tip, will make a note of that one.

Was hoping for somebody a bit nearer but if it comes to it Cardiff isn't too far.

Anyone know anybody nearer to Pontypool/Cwmbran/Newport??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been to MC Recovery in Cwmbran, Forge Hammer industrial estate (behind Aldi or Lidl) for a few odd jobs (removed an extra link from my transalp chain and an MOT) they seemed pretty good and helpful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Transalfa, just down the road; will pop in with my regulator and check them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts