Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go up to Preston for work and was wondering if anyone can recommend any places to stay? Only requirements are a car park and easy access to central Preston in the mornings.

ta:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I am local to Preston so havent really got a clue about its Hotels. But....

Premiere Inn is newly built so should be OK. Its very near the train station which has big car park at £10 per day and its very close to the city centre - in the City Centre I suppose. I regularly leave my car at the station car park for 1-2 days when travelling away with work. Its also not far from student land in Preston so places to go out to as well. Or if you want something a bit more upmarket to eat look for Winckley square.

The only other city centre hotel I know of is the holiday inn right next to the bus station with a big multi storey car park next door but not sure of the overnight rate or its security.

I am sure there are other hotels.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I stay in the Holiday Inn quite a lot with work. Right in the centre of town. It has a SMALL car park that's free, but you will need to get there early. 10 mins walk from Yates etc. Premiere Inn would be much better. I stay in a lot of Hotels with work and these are the best by far...

Reactions: Mpj

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for the suggestions, they are appreciated (despite years in Manchester I never made it to Preston). Ditto the eateries. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
food? worth taking back to the hotel with some beers, hmmm, Pizza Spaghetti House Preston (Giacomos) 01772 252-583 | SERGIO'S great taste of Italy
always been good, not been for a year , & very very close to Premier & International hotels. i'm a bit of a foodie, these are pretty good & easily walkable:

Untitled Document

Vegetarian and Vegan | Duk Pond
&
Duk Pond Restaurant In Preston Lancashire - World Tapas Style Dining.

Chips are excellent here, not my type of pub...but the chips are unreal: The Grey Friar, Preston | Our Pubs | J D Wetherspoon, again really close to the Prem & Int hotels.

Wed night 8pm Preston venue | Frog and Bucket Comedy Clubs - Home of comedy in the North West "open mike" night, free entry, beers start cheap, food (pizza etc...?....ok.), worth going.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts