Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of anyone in northampton with a black/brown/silver 98ish twin that has been nicked.
I was on the school run this morning and watched the local constabulary recovering a twin from som woods near where I live. The front screen ripped off, the ignition cut and twisted and the number plates and mirrors etc smashed off along with some of the switch gear.
I stopped on the way home from the school/nursery run and had a word just in case it was anyone I know's bike.
Obviously with no plate the law was having it recovered to a pound but I showed them where to look for the vin (frame covered in ****e from the woods)and told them what model number it was and they seem to think they know who owns it now.
To be honest, Africa Twin on the tank and not being a common bike it shouldn't have been hard to trace anyway. The older bobby did comment on what a heavy bugger it was and how he and the other younger one struggled to pick it up out of the bushes and he seemed quite proud when I told him it was about 200 kilo's with juice in the tank.
One last thing it was fitted with a baglux tank cover,black/brown and silver pattern.And an isle of man sticker on the side of the rear mudguard.
Anyone we know?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
The older bobby did comment on what a heavy bugger it was and how he and the other younger one struggled to pick it up out of the bushes and he seemed quite proud when I told him it was about 200 kilo's with juice in the tank.
More than that dry, let alone with oil, water and fuel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts