Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a connection block for a 2001 Y reg Varadero 1000 V1 as the one on the bikes wiring loom has burnt out and damaged both the block and the rectifier. The rectifier is a VY model type. I know I will need to solder the connection block onto the harness. any help would be appreciated. regards Geoff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Merv, that might be the answer i.e. separate female connector instead of a solid block however I would still like a full block if anyone knows how to source one. cheers Geoff

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
have you got a pic of the offending connector
merv

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Merv, I will try to post one tomorrow if I can. I have not Subscribed yet so don't know if its possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Merv, local bike breakers Roosters of Stanley, Co Durham are willing to cut the block from a wiring harness for £3 - £10 if they have one to match, if not I will be back searching and will post photos.
regards Geoff

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
ok mate
i have a few odds n sods around most likely not the one you need though
merv

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a connection block for a 2001 Y reg Varadero 1000 V1 as the one on the bikes wiring loom has burnt out and damaged both the block and the rectifier. The rectifier is a VY model type. I know I will need to solder the connection block onto the harness. any help would be appreciated. regards Geoff.
Why not just use single crimps to each pin on the rectifier

·
Registered
485 Posts
Have a look at:
www.easternbeaver.com.
He sells all sorts of electrical stuff and he lists the three yellow wire,one red,one black type of rectifier plug if it's one of those.Only downside is that he is in Japan.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi All, I have tonight replaced the rectifier and used the original wiring connector for 4 of the 5 wires and used a single female connector for the burnt out connector. Now charging at 14.60v but will have to check after a run. Thanks for all advice given it has been useful to a novice like myself. regards Geoff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts