Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.
Is it normal for rectifier to look like this, its kinda melted on the wires?

And yesterday my trip master stopped working correctly, showing just numbers 8888

Tire Automotive tire Tread Road surface Asphalt

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
43 Posts
Then maybe the tripmaster fail was not connected to the regulator... I don't think this regulator is even from a XRV because the original one doesn't have a plug like this one. Maybe a previous owner soldered the cables to the plug. It is possible that that's even be a good fix if done correctly.
My tripmaster failed fully when it did. I don't know what the 8888 means, but maybe someone here has had a similar experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then maybe the tripmaster fail was not connected to the regulator... I don't think this regulator is even from a XRV because the original one doesn't have a plug like this one. Maybe a previous owner soldered the cables to the plug. It is possible that that's even be a good fix if done correctly.
My tripmaster failed fully when it did. I don't know what the 8888 means, but maybe someone here has had a similar experience?
Ok,I used contact spray on electric fuses and tripmaster works now. Everything is fine, previous owner changed rectifier and made it like that I suppose... voltage is ok, nothing to worry about it seems...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts