Discussion Starter #1
We now have.

A green bin for out general household waste
A brown bin for our garden waste
A blue bin for cans and glass bottles
A red bin for cardboard
A blue bag for paper and magazines
A clear bag for plastic bottles
And now we are getting a black bin for food waste.

So that makes 7 containers for every house in the area. Can anyone beat that?

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
We now have.

A red bin for cardboard

WTF! We have a green bin for garden refuse, a blue bin for paper/cardboard/cans and a black bin for all the other stuff that can not be recycled. Must be the same guys from Lothian cooncil that worked out the Tram fiasco that did the thinking on the recycling mate. ;):D

Andy.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
green bin for any bottle shaped plastic without lids,( anything not bottle shaped cannot be recycled, ) cans and foil, green bag for paper (to be transported halfway across europe to be recylced)clothes, shoes etc, brown bag for cardboard, In reality we havew a rayburn for paper and cardboard, direct recycling from waste to heat energy for cooking and heating

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
we've just gone posh.
wheely bin with a green lid for recycling (paper, glass, cardboard, tin foil,plastic etc). collected every other week
a green box for food waste (not much of that, why waste food you can eat). collected every week
and another wheely bin for everything that does not go in the others. collected every other week

who named a bin after a well known journalist???:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
We now have.

A red bin for cardboard

Not in my house we don't.

It's 1 black dustbin everything goes in that, the wife does a bit of recycling i can't be bothered. Wash plastic bottles etc before we incerate them WTF?? They moan about the energy crisis then encourage me to waste more if the machine can melt the plastic i'm sure the heat and process can sterilise it.

Then you go to the tip to dump a load of wood and get a bollocking for having chipboard, as that can't be recycled apparently worlds gone mad:hitler::hitler:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
We have a green bin with brown lid for normal waste, a green bin with a green lid for garden waste, a green box for bottles and cans etc, and clear plastic bags for cardboard and plastics.

Sounds like you are winning so far Gordon :)

It is kind of mad though, if the cardboard has had food on it then it can't be recycled and goes in the genral waste. You are supposed to wash out al bottles and tins etc before hand (isn't this using more energy and resources due to water?).

Did anyone see the program on tv the other day, i think it was called `Britains Binns`. A guy on there was saying how he looks after his elderly mother and has to use a special binn for sanitary waste, and each pad has to be put in a plastic bag and he ends up with mounds of plastic bags and it kind of defeats the object of recycling in the first place.

I'm all for recycling if it can be done efficiently.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
then the old joke about the binman askin the chinaman where his wheelie bin was
Merv

L

·
0 Posts
Black bin here for normal rubbish (we never though fill it to a third full in two weeks)
Green bin for Garden waste (though we bought a chipper/shredder so now that goes on the allotement)
Orange bin for anything plastic, cardboard, textiles, metal (we had to get a large one and we even now fill that to capacity)
black tub for glass

and for the food waste two white fur covered dustbins....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts