Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Nick i didn't realize it was this weekend i will be there on Monday if i'm not to hung over (going out tomorrow night). It is a good event and well organized :thumbup:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll be there Monday , probably sat behind the start gate , with my leg in plaster don't think i'll be making it to the top of the hill

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i'll be there Monday , probably sat behind the start gate , with my leg in plaster don't think i'll be making it to the top of the hill
Bloody hell what you done

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bloody hell what you done
multiple tears to Achilles tendon plus tendon had become detached from the bone , did it a couple of years back when out playing on my xr250 but was only operated on a month back ,
you can sign my plaster if you go :D

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
A lad in work done a similar thing last year pushing his wife's car 3 months before he was fit enough to come back to work.
take it easy don't get impatient and start doing things before its all healed :thumbup:
Hill Climb don't start until 12 so there's a good chance i'll get there it's about a 2 hour ride from here so dont have to get up until 10ish :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A lad in work done a similar thing last year pushing his wife's car 3 months before he was fit enough to come back to work.
take it easy don't get impatient and start doing things before its all healed :thumbup:
yea seems to be a vulnerable area and easy to injure ,
think the walk from the car park is probably beyond current sensible limits , might have to do it in stages :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Did you get there nick. i managed to scrape myself out of bed and got up there for about 12.30 but after the walk up from where the bike was parked and the brilliant sunshine overheating me i soon found myself feeling the effects of the night before and ended up nodding off for a bit on one of the grass banks so didn't see much of it but did find myself refreshed for the ride home :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well so long as you enjoyed yourself :D ,
yes I made it , it was flippin hard work hopping along on crutches , I was just about done in by the time i'd hopped from the car park to the ticket booth ,
by the time I made it to the trackside I was fit for nothing other than flopping down with a glass of cider ,
what a beautiful day though , couple of pints in the sunshine whilst watching a bit of racing , not a bad way to spend the bank holiday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts