Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulling up to a t junction this morning and a lady in a mondeo estate swings in to the road cutting across the junction and hitting me head on

its looking like my beloved astra van thats given me sterling service for the last three yrs and has NEVER LET ME DOWN !!!:cool:

is going to be a total loss:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad5: :sad5: towed away today and a curtesy vehicle is coming tomorrow.........dam that was a bloody good motor.......still its only metal at least nobody got hurt

i hope you are all well out there and having a better day than me;)

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Poor redrocket :(

What age is it? I managed to mangle two Fiestas that I thought would be written off and weren't...

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
You OK big fella? Whiplash, bruises etc. Take a day or two to make sure you're OK. We tend to get up, dust ourselves down and make light of it. Sometimes it is worth thinking about yourself for a moment.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
pulling up to a t junction this morning and a lady in a mondeo estate swings in to the road cutting across the junction and hitting me head on
Meh. Makes you wonder how people like that make it through the day alive... :roll:

I nearly got front row of a head on crash the other day, narrow 2 lane road with pushbikes on the road (bike path being redone) and the sun low in the sky straight from the back... Car in front of me sees pushbike, and just hoiks it over into the oncoming lane to swerve around. Nevermind the fact that said lane was near-as-cooeee occupied by another car :shock: 4 smoke plumes later and oncomer was standing still, leaving just enough room for little miss stupid bint with the kids in the back to duck back into her own lane like nothing's happened...

i hope you are all well out there and having a better day than me;)
Oh indeed. :D
Nice little talk @work, everybody's happy with me, got some more moolah, it's a beyooootiful day, and I've got a very long weekend coming up, only having to show up again next wednesday. :cool:

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im fine thanks whealie ....still seem to bounce well:D

its a 2000 chronyx but the main chassis rails have been pulled in by the in pct to the slampanel and the engines been pushed back...and thats lots of wonga to put right. not to mention rads ,fans ,intercoolers etc etc

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Ohhh no mate :confused: Was just looking at your van last night and thought that is still looking good and tidy for a work van. Now time for something bigger then :D Get yourselve one of them Ford F250's :naka:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
im fine thanks whealie ....still seem to bounce well:D

its a 2000 chronyx but the main chassis rails have been pulled in by the in pct to the slampanel and the engines been pushed back...and thats lots of wonga to put right. not to mention rads ,fans ,intercoolers etc etc
Oh bugger :( That must have been a hell of an impact considering she was turning :confused: Silly cow! Glad you're alright :cool:

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear thet you're ok mate, shame the redrocket didn't fare too well.

Looks a fair old wallop!

Phil
it was quite an inpact not helped by the fact that the boot of her car was loaded up with hardcore:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: the best bit was her car was able to drive away just a cracked bumper headlight and damage to the wing. on the offside if her car..hitting dead center of the front of my motor was the weakest point hence the damage:pain10:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ohhh no mate :confused: Was just looking at your van last night and thought that is still looking good and tidy for a work van. Now time for something bigger then :D Get yourselve one of them Ford F250's :naka:

Hard luck Chad. The main thing is you're okay, let's hope you still are in the morning!! To be sitting there and see it coming at you - Whoah:shaking:

I also was thinking how clean that 'works' van was whilst admiring the bikes on show. It's that grin of yours Chad, she probably felt it was the only way to stop you & get your number:D :D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
aww bugger mate - sorry to hear that. As was said looks like a heck of a whack consdidering she turning :shock:

Course Im sure the ever helpful insurance companies will sort it out pronto :rolleyes:

Main thing is you're ok. Ultimatey thats all that really matters.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Feck.

Sorry to hear this,mate.

Van looked cool,too.

Glad yer ok though :coffee2:

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Glad u are okay mate!!! like you said it is only metal. and that can be replaced...

I am need to know.. hardcore what???????? my mind is of course thinking the worst...

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Glad you're OK Chad, poor little van :(

Time for that Trannie now, I guess, the lanes are drying out here nicely in all this sunshine and I've found a LOAD more to explore :D :D

See ya soon

-Simon

L

·
0 Posts
Chad, Jen and I are glad you're OK, Can we suggest that you do what we're just about to do and that is buy a VOLVO!!!!

;) Kymmy :cool:

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chad, Jen and I are glad you're OK, Can we suggest that you do what we're just about to do and that is buy a VOLVO!!!!

;) Kymmy :cool:
i think one of those 550brake F12s might be a bit of overkill for my gear:D

thanks guys. up this morning and feeling fine awaiting delivery of some sodding fiat postman pat van:confused2:

the hardcore was rubble xander ! get your mind out the gutter:D

im so glad it wasnt a bike it wouldnt have stood a chance..and yes slimie it looks like this is the time to upgrade to the toxic long range transportation system:D :D the perverbial kick up the ass..that astra was such a great van that you find yourself just holding on cos they just run and run:cool: :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
so glad to hear you are ok and that it wasn't worse or you on the bike. At least it wasn't your fault anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts