Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we can publish this on the site as a regular meetup/rideout we'll need to know the following:

Where do you want it?
When
A meet or ride or both
Any extra details or a contact username for more information

If you know of a good venue, let everyone know..

If you're interested - let everyone know..

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Re: Regional Meet - North West

fewtrees said:
So we can publish this on the site as a regular meetup/rideout we'll need to know the following:

Where do you want it?
When
A meet or ride or both
Any extra details or a contact username for more information

If you know of a good venue, let everyone know..

If you're interested - let everyone know..
where? - don't mind, just Northish and Westish

when? - Sunday or / and mid-week in summer. about once a month.

meet or ride or both? Meet!

contact - through the forum.

T

·
0 Posts
:dontknow: either there's not a lot of us in the Northwest or they're all shy, new to biking, got fed up with paying most of my wages on petrol to get to work, so got a bike, lovin it :D, really fancy the social side, so where and when shall we meet. Can only do weekends, work nights in week. We seem to have one Preston way, me in Stockport, just need to know where Adventures from and we can sort something. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tricky said:
:dontknow: either there's not a lot of us in the Northwest or they're all shy, new to biking, got fed up with paying most of my wages on petrol to get to work, so got a bike, lovin it :D, really fancy the social side, so where and when shall we meet. Can only do weekends, work nights in week. We seem to have one Preston way, me in Stockport, just need to know where Adventures from and we can sort something. :)
(im based near wigan). So there is only 5 of us in the north west then. beter than none, ok lets get this meet sorted.

T

·
0 Posts
Well unless my geography is totally out, adventurer is practically in the middle, so depending how far above Preston Austin is?, some where around Wigan, Ormskirk is prob good place to meet, from there who knows!, like i said all i've eva done is commute along M60 from Stockport to Trafford Park.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only just seen this, my computer has been on some other planet for the last two weeks and I've been away.
I'm up just north of Lancaster, sounds good a meet somewhere in the Spring perhaps.
Anywheres good, North or West

·
Registered
890 Posts
Anybody come up with an idea for a meet yet? And is the invitation open to anyone or are you all mates?
Do any of you ever get up to Rivington Barns? There are a couple of ATs turn up now and again
Anywhere north of Preston has got to be the place as there are loads of fantastic roads up there.

T

·
0 Posts
Never met anybody yet! new to biking, so can't suggest meet points cos don't know any, just wanna get out there and enjoy. :bounce:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like theres at least half a dozen of us,
you're right there are some great roads north of Preston, Rivington is good on a Sunday as is Devils Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale, sometimes upwards of 500 bikes. The roads east towards Yorkshire are pretty special and you can do some serious mileage in a day.
Just need someone to make a plan see if we can all make it.
Chris

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well add me to you list :lol:

I am based in Manchester, so if we could organise a regular meet would be great. Especially since the glories of Spring and Summer are not too far away!

Not sure on everybody else's thought, but maybe arrange for a Sunday in the month at a different venue each time? At least that way everybody isn't inconvenienced too much, plus we get to try different roads!

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right chaps & ladies.. We now have a Calendar for you to put your meetup/rideout dates into or any other event you'd like to put in there (including Birthdays :)).. It's there for you guys to advertise and organise your trips/meetups/rideouts so go ahead, don't be shy and use it..

·
Registered
78 Posts
sounds like a plan to me - count me in.
maybe meeting at warrington services on the 62, or perhaps carnock richard services or thereabouts?
Tend to go out with the bike club www.wdmc.co.uk on sundays but happy to either give that a miss, or meet on a saturday some time?

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
ooooh....... seem to have missed all this for a while.

I don't care where we meet as long as its got grub and tea and I don't have to arrange it, but suppose all someone needs to do is pick a date and location and post it here and on the diary calendar thing.

I live in Garstang but travel to Warrington and back daily, so mileage weather etc not a prob. It's just fitting it all in at the weekend. If I say i am coming i will definitely be there if I say I am not, I might still turn up - depends if I can fit it in {wife/kids/dog/DIy/other domestics/work permitting}.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi all, Is there anyone going over to Sherburn this weekend from Bolton area or has a meeting place been arranged?

Fewtrees, probably missing the point here but, is the 10:30 time on the calendar a meetup time to travel or a meetup time there?

1 - 20 of 457 Posts