Honda XRV Forum banner

Regional Meet - Northern Ireland

52K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  cozi70 
#1 ·
So we can publish this on the site as a regular meetup/rideout we'll need to know the following:

Where do you want it?
When
A meet or ride or both
Any extra details or a contact username for more information

If you know of a good venue, let everyone know..

If you're interested - let everyone know..

G
#8 ·
Peter McClinton said:
Hi Simon, sorry for the confusion, Im actually a @ owner, RD04. Will chance bringing it over on the ferry, heading down to the south of Ireland early summer.

ATs are like hens teeth up here.
No problem. You're welcome to join us on any of our outtings. I'll try and post events well in advance. or if you are coming over give me the date and i'll see if i can get some of the guys to meet up with you.

I'm trying to build up brownie points though cause Phoenix has asked me to ride to Lake Garda in Italy with him in July so i can't promise being free all the time. :(

G
#9 ·
Achill Island

right as i can't seem to be able to add this to the calender i'll put it here for now.

Easter, 19th + 20th and maybe also 21st. Camping (B&B for pansies) to Achill Island in Mayo, Ireland. Phoenix, me, my bro, Eugen1 are going and hopefully more also. Will post more details closer to the time.

Simon

G
#12 ·
OK, A ride around Ireland before Mrs Phoenix (Sharon) drops their first child and he's (Paul) not allowed out to play anymore!

We'll head out on Friday afternoon of the 30th June and come back on Monday evening of the 3rd July. Just bring the tents or stay in B&Bs, but with no particular route planned except probably a stop a ChrisXHS's house in Tralee for a party! oh and a run round the ring of Kerry! Everyone's welcome for as long as they can join us.

Simon

#13 ·
Right thats it, Chris has done the Irish possie proud. Hospitality abound. Well its time to put the thinking caps on and repay the hospitality in the north. I was thinking about possibly a weekend in the north mid to late september. The weather is still ok that time of year, well it couldnt be any worse than last week end:D
Camping etc etc at my place, tours around the ards pennisula mourne mountains and giants causway carrick arede rope bridge, tor head etc for all you touristy ones.

And I can even supply two 9 person tents for everyone wanting to develop Simons light weight camping to no weight camping. :rolleyes:

Thoughts on the subject appreciated.

#14 ·
I think it's a great idea. good excuse to head home too; opportunity to hang out with my niece. I used to be a tour guide for this very region / route suggested so I'll be able to ignore all your questions and give you surly looks like a professional.

we could even offer a bit of 'terrorism' tours too, for anyone who's interested. bob into town and take a look at a few of the Murials. I'd like to do that on a motorbike. (very good acceleration, you see)

#17 ·

we could even offer a bit of 'terrorism' tours too, for anyone who's interested. bob into town and take a look at a few of the Murials. I'd like to do that on a motorbike. (very good acceleration, you see)
I know, everyone on the RWB @'s should ride into the New Lodge and then down the Falls. Last man standing wins a fluffy toy!!

#16 ·
I would have no probs riding the bike over the bridge except you'll all have to help lift it down the steps first.

G
#18 ·
sounds like a plan alright, and with it being 15 mins from me then Kathryn can supply the buns and cakes the whole weekend!:D Defintely a great idea, seeing we all managed to travel all the way down to kerry and beyond. We could even get paisley junior to join us on his triumph!

#20 ·
For those who do not know what the Carrickaread Bridge is .It is a rope bridge from the Giant,s Causway over to an island maybe 40 feet in length and 150 - 200 feet in the air it swings like mad in high winds " I have watched people crossing it on their hands and knees " And YES Phoenix WOULD ride his bike across it in fact so would Simon , Wee bro , I would wheel mine across and ride it back . The scareyist part is going down the 6 or 8 steps to get on to the bridge as they are almost vertical , Anyone who comes to this meet is going to have the best laugh and meet a great bunch of @ owners ,Go on you know you want to .fw750x

G
#21 ·
Do you not have to pay to get down to that bridge ? I seem to remember going to see it several years ago and being disgusted that I had to, so gave it a miss. I was equally disgusted that I had to pay to go see the Giants Causeway, but did actually cough up. Down with that sort of thing !
As for riding over it, I'd gladly give it a lash. However, I do have visions of locals 'salvaging' bikes from the waters below, a la that ship in England a while back.

#22 ·
Sounds good to me! Only drawback is the lads will be back at school so may have to get one of Niall's special notes ;)
Paddy - had the same predicament at the Cliffs of Moher.... was disgusted by the commerciality of them, and drove a way up the road and looked back. I suppose I paid to see the Giant's causeway, but I don't remember... maybe we just slipped in un-noticed...
BTW Simon, if you go ahead with your idea to invite son of Ian - I will bring Jackie Healy-Rae up on the back of my TA :D

#23 ·
Norn Iron in September sounds like a winner. For the rope bridge I'll have to remember not to bring the panniers. If I remember correctly it's pretty narrow and has a load limit as well.

Count me in.

#24 ·
Knowing my luck I'll be away again, but I can but live in hope. Have to collect a bike from Portdown this weekend ; any Norn members recommend
- an alternative route back to Dublin
- anything worth seeing in the area (Lough Neagh vistior centre ?)
- any good bike shops worth a visit

Yeah I know I've bought a second bike but if bargains are to be had (and stuff down here is aridiculous proce) then my flexible friend is aleways riding pillion with me :p!

#25 ·
obviously I meant Portadown, and 'aridiculous proce' is not a South County Dublin / DARTSpeak accent , just thick fingers on a small keyboard !

#26 ·
Hi GW_elder,
probley worth poping into the Hein Gerick crew in newry/belfast could burn some plastic in there "easy peezey":p

'aridiculous proce' is not a South County Dublin / DARTSpeak accent :D:D
cheers,

Tony K

#28 ·
Hi GW_elder,
probley worth poping into the Hein Gerick crew in newry/belfast could burn some plastic in there "easy peezey":p

If you're stoppin at Newry let me know and I'll pop down for a *** and coffee and encourage you to spend even more.The perfect alibi, "Marty said it was a really good price and Ive saved SOOOO much money!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.