Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1593 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we can publish this on the site as a regular meetup/rideout we'll need to know the following:

Where do you want it?
When
A meet or ride or both
Any extra details or a contact username for more information

If you know of a good venue, let everyone know..

If you're interested - let everyone know..

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I,m in Alford aberdeenshire, so am willing to put a few hour riding in to meet folk( 3 hours today and it was 'kin cold..)
over to Tomintoul. via Cockbridge & the lecht , mug o tea and a bacon roll in the old fire Station cafe.. defrosted then looped via Dufftoen Huntly Inverury, back to light the fire..

ray

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im in Glasgow but would happily meet up half way! Anyone else in Scotland?

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
Border incursion!

A run to meet up with some of the guys from the north of England has been mooted (see the North East Rideouts thread - yes they haven't bothered to point out which north east they're talking about, we're just supposed to realise its England :roll: )

I reckon now we've got to the start of February, it's worth hanging about for just a few weeks for the weather. I've been in a blizzard near Eskdalemuir in April, so going in early February seems unduly heroic. But then I'm english so what do you expect? Maybe you guys will figure it's just a matter of wearing something over your t-shirt :)

Apologies that this is a bit out of range for anyone beyond the central belt (but there's no reason not to have a preemptive Scottish meet...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
paulsmc said:
Im in Glasgow but would happily meet up half way! Anyone else in Scotland?
I'm in Milngavie, just outside Glasgow. New to biking, passed my test just a couple of weeks ago and now keen to get some miles in and add a few goodies to my 2003 TA. Should say that I spend a lot of time overseas & away from home so whilst keen to meet up dates might be a problem.

David

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Hi folk, i am in aberdeen and Icenian, poined out that the was a proposal to meet 'half way' with the NEE ( north east england, as oposed to NES, Horth east scotland) I have no probs over nighting, can get doon the road in 4-5 hours, but lets see how the nights pull out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im up for whatever is decided, like most of you a little notice is handy to sort out work etc ( I work about half of all weekends).
Would texting each other on our mobiles be easier? especially for a last minute blast???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trip in March?

Im off from the 10th of March till 21st of March, and was going to go away for a few days with the tent, anyone else interested havn't decided route yet, maybe Skye! Would like to hear from anyone who fancies it.

Cheers

Paul

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
Skye, in March, in a tent? I'm impressed :)

Regretably I have too many calls on my time (well one, but she pretty much demands all my time, being 8 months old!) at the moment to be able to make a road trip.

Which at least saves me having to admit I'm far too much of a wuss to camp in March. I once did camp at Easter at Sligachan, and nearly died of hypothermia, but that was mainly due to us having borrowed a tent and not checked it before leaving - split seams and safety pins. Ironically our stupidity probably saved us in the end: we believed we could get 3 of us into a 3 man tent, and the involuntary body contact was what kept us alive...

Would recommend camping at Sligachan though. Fantastic pub right by the campsite, good atmosphere (a climbers' favourite, so dripping wet bikers are welcome), good beer (which can be hard to find up north), good food, incl. cooked breakfasts in the morning...

Argh, wanna go back :( Ask me again in a few years time!

·
Registered
35 Posts
A decent sleeping bag will see you alright, I'm ex forces so camping in March is none to scary, try standing in a trench in December in Germany for a couple of weeks now thats cold!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Regional meet, that sounds great. Im only 45mins from Cairnryan or Stranraer. Thats the South West of Scotland. Glasgow, Edinburgh, no problem. Will need to spend a good few hours cleaning and polishing, I know how high this forums standards are. A Scottish meet Im in. Errr suppose a cosy B&B would be out the question ?

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right chaps & ladies.. We now have a Calendar for you to put your meetup/rideout dates into or any other event you'd like to put in there (including Birthdays :)).. It's there for you guys to advertise and organise your trips/meetups/rideouts so go ahead, don't be shy and use it..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kinlochleven

I am taking my new @ up to Kinlochleven on sat 29 for the pre65 trial will be staing over for a run on sun.If anyone is interested and would like to meetup

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Hi Paul,
cant make it on the 29th of to Teesside for a huge 80th birthday bash ( not mine) :twisted:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Damn, missed the posts. I live in Kilnlochleven and of course I am a fellow @ rider :p
Would be great to organise a meet somewhere in Scotland.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Now the weathers better, I am up for wek end jaunts, any takers?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
hi brian, sorry mate wasnt me I am just a we alp rider :twisted:

Just fitted my motad bars from cave man.. ready fro the stella now :)

ray

1 - 20 of 1593 Posts