Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit busy this month with work and wedding.

I come off shift work 1st May, so I'll be free most weekends then 8)

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I am trying to sort out a trail-ride for us around Wales. It will be led by Paul (no internet access) but we will have to restrict the numbers to ten as a lot of the lanes are too small and narrow to accomadate 20 or so big trailies (it's not Salisbury Plain).

Anyone interested will need decent tyres and ideally some off-road experience. Don't get me wrong, it won't be an Enduro just a quiet trail ride. The ride would probably be approx 100 miles of trail and tarmac.

cheers, Bob

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boboneleg said:
I am trying to sort out a trail-ride for us around Wales. It will be led by Paul (no internet access) but we will have to restrict the numbers to ten as a lot of the lanes are too small and narrow to accomadate 20 or so big trailies (it's not Salisbury Plain).

Anyone interested will need decent tyres and ideally some off-road experience. Don't get me wrong, it won't be an Enduro just a quiet trail ride. The ride would probably be approx 100 miles of trail and tarmac.

cheers, Bob
Which bit of Wales are we looking at and is Paul, Paul Lear?

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
So we can publish this on the site as a regular meetup/rideout we'll need to know the following:

Where do you want it?
When
A meet or ride or both
Any extra details or a contact username for more information

If you know of a good venue, let everyone know..

If you're interested - let everyone know..

M

·
0 Posts
If you're not too far West I'm sure some of us South West boys will be up for a rideout sometime. If you're not too far over the bridge we are having a run to Minehead on Sunday morning and you are welcome to come along.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I'm always happy to meet up for a (road) ride, or maybe sometime a (really easy) off-road one!?! Finding a mutually convenient date can be tricky. Maybe when the weather warms a little we can meet at Severn View Services (Aust) or Chepstow sometime and ride to Abergavenny. Some interesting, twisty roads in that area.

M

·
0 Posts
Any time. Just copy your post to the South West section as well as the Wales section whenever you fancy it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes. Did the Chepstow to Abergavenny road last Wednesday. Not on the AT though was on the company Deauville. I also was under strict instructions to run it in as it was brand new and wasn't supposed to go over 5000 revs. Might have gone a little bit over!

Wouldn't mind trying on the Africa Twin

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Boxer Dog said:
Yes. Did the Chepstow to Abergavenny road last Wednesday. Not on the AT though was on the company Deauville. I also was under strict instructions to run it in as it was brand new and wasn't supposed to go over 5000 revs. Might have gone a little bit over!

Wouldn't mind trying on the Africa Twin
That is a very good route. Another is from Abergavenny, up over the Keepers to my home town of Blaenavon, Then Brynmawr, and over to Crick. Then swing left, and head out to Brecon, back over the A470, Storey Arms, past the resevoirs to Merthyr, up over to Herwain (sp), over the mountain at Mountain Ash, through the valleys and eventually emerge at either bridge-end or if you want a shorter route, Pontyprydd, then on to Cardiff

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
If we can agree when, why not run up to Abergavenny. Those who travelled a long way - or if it's getting late - can ride back along the faster roads. Otherwise we can go on to Blaenavon, Brynmawr etc. From Brecon people can again choose the direct route home or take the longer route to Hirwaun, over the Rhigos Mountain to Mountain Ash etc.

Hmm. Rather than fix a date now, would it be better to keep an eye on the weather forecasts over the next few weekends?

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Yep I'm up for that... if we make it around a 10'sih start then it should be a bit warmer... and perhaps find a burger bar or something for lunch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'll have some of that action; what about a North Wales run later in the year, camping at Capel, blast over to Anglesey be a nice run round the big hills.

PK

1 - 20 of 651 Posts