Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,

Has anyone had experience of registering an RD03 in the UK or any bike for that matter ?

I have recently moved back from France and I have brought my trusty steed with me, now im in the process of trudging through the paperwork...

The DVLA are asking for a certificate of conformity for the vehicle which apparently contains a ton of data to fill out a registration application.

I have spoken to Honda, but the bike is too old for them to supply a replacement certificate of conformity. Has anyone else found them self in a similar situation?

Thanks for your help

Wes :thumb:

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
520 Posts
I registered a 1990 RD04 brought back from Germany last year. It was quite a simple procedure with DVLA. First, I insured the bike on the VIN number. I then got an MoT, again on the chassis number. I then filled in and sent off the V55/5 form (Application for first vehicle tax and registration of a used motor vehicle) complete with the new MoT certificate and the original German registration documents. I understand there wasn't any conformity/type approval as such back then. In section 11 (Type approval number/category) I put 'Exempt', and then in section 51 (Is the vehicle exempt from type approval? If so, please indicate full reason for exemption) I put 'vehicle is over 10 years old and therefore exempt'.

The MoT certificate was returned and a reg. number issued. The V5C registration document followed on after a couple of weeks. It cost £100.10, as per the DVLA fees (registration fee & 1st year's tax).

I initially got some info. by Googling 'imported motorcycle registration' and came up with a very helpful article by a chap who had registered a RD350, I think it was from the RD Owners' website. The most useful bit was that relating to the exemption of older bikes from conformity/type approval.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts