Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you now should your Registration Packs.

We the committee would like you know what you think about them and the qualityof the T-Shirts (if you ordered one).

We have tried to keep the costs down for everyone, but hopefully everyone is happy with the end product.

Have a great ride and see you all in blackpool

Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Chuffed to bits with mine,

I must admit I was a bit aprehensive about ordering the t-shirt as last years didn't hold up to well to washing, and I never usually wear white t-shirts, but I'm quite chuffed with it, hope it lasts more than 1 or 2 washes.

Loads of stickers :) always good.

I always like roadbooks as well, and yet again this one covers everything I can think of that I need (the space on the back for my own notes means that I will actually use it and it'll take pride of place in my tank/map bag rather than being stuffed in the bottom of a topbox etc)

Just noticed there is no ICE form or page in the roadbook so I'll sort my own this year (or is it a download on the website? I've not noticed)

The patch and badge are a nice touch

Overall chuffed to bits (again)

10/10

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very good and pleased with mine. Hoping the t shirt survives a hot wash (was an xl when I ordered it, lost a load of weight and need it to shrink to a medium now!!)

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have washed mine already, just to see if all is okay... Its still as good as the day i got it :p:thumbright:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Only thing to moan about is my stickers are crumpled to fek, so much so that i don't know if they will striaghten out but thats not Marks fault it's the ham-fisted thick fekkers that run the sorting offices.

Maybe a sheet of cardboard next time to help keep them flat.
Craig Darhling ! I have 3 sets of decals spare from the riders who have dropped out, if yours are that bad I can let you have either numbers 9 54 55 or 84, I'll be bringing them up to Blackpool together with my water sprayer for fixing ?

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
I get me bike back on Saturday so i'm going to wash it and see how they go on, may be that they will look ok once stuck on. I'll let you know Mark, thanks. :thumbup:
Are you a wet applicator or a dry one ? I'll still bring my spray gun and give yer nut a polish :D

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Always done them dry, never needed to do them wet.

My bonce could do with a shine though :D
I have done the dry method before and always end up with air bubbles or creases, this year I tried the wet method (on BTbloke's advice) and they have gone on fine, no air bubbles or creases, worked a treat :thumbup:

Don't forget your French Letter, unless you speak the lingo :p

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Absolutely superb. Pity my postperson is incapable of reading the polite notice addressed to him/her!

Now on the bike, increasing its value by 30%.

Good work!

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Craig if they're wrinkled to start with you'll have problems fitting them dry
Put a couple of drops of washing up liquid into a sprayer and squeegee the water out from underneath with an old credit card or similar

HTH
Yeah i think i'll use that method, going to do them Friday morning.

having a kitty with the bike atm, just got it back from the garage after new tyres, new coolant seals in, new clutch seals in, had the brake pads replaced, callipers cleaned and a new clutch master fitted and i noticed las tnight that my front right disc is, how can i say, a wee bit wobbly.

Iv'e a feeling that when i go to put the first sticker on the bike will fall to bits! lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have done the dry method before and always end up with air bubbles or creases, this year I tried the wet method (on BTbloke's advice) and they have gone on fine, no air bubbles or creases, worked a treat :thumbup:

Don't forget your French Letter, unless you speak the lingo :p
can you expand on the wet method a little bit for me mark?

i think the postman has been swatting flies with my sticker pack :(

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
can you expand on the wet method a little bit for me mark?

i think the postman has been swatting flies with my sticker pack :(
Derek
Got this off You Tube and it worked for me.

1) Get one of those spray bottles that gardeners use for spraying plants, Tescos do one for about £1.50, hand held jobby, and fill with 500mls of cold water and add a couple of drops of washing up liquid and shake well
2) Wash the screen down or anywhere you intend to place a sticker, and allow to dry
3) Wipe area down with Meths
4) Spray screen or area with spray bottle and sticky side of the decal, not to much otherwise you'll be there for ages
5) Place decal in chosen position and using an old credit card or similar wipe away excess water from underneath decal, it will move about it but once all the water has been squeezed out it will stick firmly in place. Worked a treat for me. Good luck and look forward to seeing and baldy and Stuart on Friday :thumbup:

YouTube - ‪Wet/Dry vinyl decal application‬‏

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thats a lot of prep!

There's an easier method:-

wet sponge,
add couple of drops of washing up liquid,
Squeeze sponge so that the liquid starts to make bubbles,
wipe bugs off bike with sponge,
put sticker on top of bubbles and slide into correct position,
wipe sticker with dry kitchen roll.

This method might not last forever, but it's the one I've used every year with my TLD stickers, and every time I replace them it takes ages to get the old ones off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts