Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Hi, will get the ferry tickets sorted when I get on a proper computer, good work Austin.
Strange how they want exact times etc on an island hopper ticket :rolleyes:

Paul, I could be up for a day earlier departure & night in Stranraer (Reminds me of Phoenix Nights lol), need to check the calendar when I get home.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A little update on the various travel plans that I know about so far:

We are all now meeting at the Ardrossan Ferry Terminal on Tuesday 25th. Latest check in time for the boat is 12.00 so please allow plenty time to get there. Ardrossan is not the most accessible of places. The boat leaves at 12.30.

There's an Asda just by the terminal for last minute supplies. I cant remember if there is fuel there but its an idea to fill up. Island fuel prices are generally a lot higher than mainland.

1. Me and XT6 (Andy) are meeting on the M6 somewhere - probably Lancaster South Services early Tuesday morning and then travelling up to Ardrossan via M6/A75/A76.

2. Bimbler (Paul) and Piguglyshandydrinker (Phil) are travelling to Stranraer on Monday 24th. Then travelling up to Ardrossan on the 25th.

3. Ian Biggar, Tetley (Tim?)and Raymo (err, Raymo) are travelling from their respective homes to Ardrossan.

Ian, Tetley, and Bimbler could you PM me your mobile phone numbers, I can then PM each of us with everyone's phone number. Ta.

See you all Tuesday. Who was sorting out the good weather? I am sure I delegated that to someone this time

·
Registered
316 Posts
There is fuel at the Ardrossan Asda definaitly fill up before the ferry petrol is about 15p a liter more on Arran.

I am working on Teusday but I will maybe cach up with you all at lochranza to say hello.

·
Geriatric Teenager
101 Posts
What a brilliant few days. Neither Caledonian Mac Brayne nor the rough ferry crossing could ruin it. I hope it continues for the rest of you, going to Ullapool.
What happened to XT6 at Kennacraig? I followed a bike towards the ferry who I thought was Andy on the big Triumph, and was followed by a bike with twin headlights, ie XT6. Arrived at Clonaig, to learn that Andy's Triumphs also has twin headlights. Bike in front dissappeared. Boarded ferry without XT6.
Nice to renew my rivalry with Ian.
Thanks a million Austin

·
Crumbs, Chief !
168 Posts
Hi Paul. I tried to txt you to explain. I asked at the terminal about various ferry options but they were all too complex and or expensive so I just decided to go the long way round via a83 a82 m74 etc. Pulled in to some services near Lockerbie at about 10pm and decided the days inn looked more fun than another 165 miles. Got home at 1030 this morning.

Totally agree the last 3 days have been better than I imagined. A wild ferry ride, wild camping, offroading to one of the most remote places in Scotland to see the whirlpools. Superb. Definitely want to go back.

Another recommendation for Austins adventure tours..!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts