Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Trying to remove the carbs on my 96 600 TA and it's not easy..... I have disconnected all the cables and tubes and unscrewd the clamps. I just get a small play when trying to pull it up.......Anyone removed the carbs and can come With som Magic advice?
Thanks

·
'06 Transalp
413 Posts
Keep persisting. Twist (not literally) and turn them and they'll come out. Might be worth draining them first. When putting them back, very lightly smear the insides of the rubber inlets with grease where they connect on to the engine (not copper slip as it affects rubber). Oh, and grease up the screws on the clamps. While they're off, block up the inlets to the engine.
If you're taking off the domes to get to the vacuum diaphragms, when you're putting them back together, smear a SMALL amount of gasket sealant (Hylomar Blue works) in the little groove that goes round the circumference that the rubber lip of the diaphragm sits in. It makes it whole lot easier to reassemble as the diaphragm stays put while the top goes back on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Got it of yesterday :) Had to use a piece of wood and pry it out gently.
Not opening the carbs, just shifting the inlets. Is it ok to use Red grease from Castrol to grease them up with?

Also.....when reasembling the carbs do you put the rubber inlets on the carbs or on the cylinder?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts