Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents

As i was fnishing off my top end rebuild today i had to take the clutch cover off to get the cam chain back on its sprocket.. (no big deal)

just after id finished putting the cover back on i noticed a spring on the floor its about an inch long and about 2/3s of an inch wide...is this something that fallen out whilst i had the cover off

is there supposed to be a spring between the clutch basket and the side casing...

please enlighten me as my haynes says nowt about it !!!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
If the oil filter is out, could it be the spring that sits behind that? I know that's not behind the clutch cover but from memory I can't remember seeing a spring like that anywhere else on the right hand side of a Dommie motor.

I may be completely wrong of course...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Sounds like Alan's spot on to me. :thumbup:

That's the only other spring I can think of other than clutch pressure and basket.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the oil filter is out, could it be the spring that sits behind that? I know that's not behind the clutch cover but from memory I can't remember seeing a spring like that anywhere else on the right hand side of a Dommie motor.

I may be completely wrong of course...
nice one guys..

where does this go? between the filter and the side case cap ?

thanks for your help as i was a bit stumped !

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
It goes behind the filter so it presses the filter against the small outer cover as you tighten it down. If you look inside the filter housing, you'll see where it fits into the cast lugs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It goes behind the filter so it presses the filter against the small outer cover as you tighten it down. If you look inside the filter housing, you'll see where it fits into the cast lugs.

thank you very much Alan

:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts