Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put some Renthal handlebars on my 600V but not sure which ones to choose. I would like them to be as close as the original bars as possible, don't mind a little higher but definitely not lower.

Any info greatly received,

cheers, Bob.

·
Registered
7,727 Posts
Recycler put some on, can't recall what they were tho :?

If you go onto Renthal's website and type in your bike it will give the recommended bar, if that's any help.

Phil

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers Phil, i'll give that a go.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think you need something like the DAKAR HIGH bars - almost everything else is very flat which will lower position of the controls unless you then put some bar risers on to get the height back up.

I tried a set of Reikon? bars and there was nothing in the range which was usable on the AT - Nice bars though.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I know what you mean Bob I bought a set for my old Transalp and ended up hating them and swapped them back again. I did do some research to try to get a match but clearly got it wrong!!

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
DAKAR HIGH are the only pattern that is similar and has enough room for all the controls. They're virtually same height but a bit straighter so don't sweep back as far as the hondas. You need to remove about 15mm from each end (IMPORTANT - the amount you cut is vital, too much and there's not enough room to mount the controls) and cut the locating tabs out of the switches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts