Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Absolutly fantastic piece of information. Thanks Kjell. I have noticed breaker points for the fuel pump are now available from Wemoto and are on e bay from time to time.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Thomas!

I was not sure You were a member on this site or not.
You have done a great write up on the fuel pump fix.

I like your homemade panniers too!
The pannier racks looks great!

After looking at the price for a set of Touratech racks, I might have a go my self with welding a set for my bike.

//Kjell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I put new points in my fuel pump tonight, when I hit the starter the plunger moves up and stops, it stays up till I kill the ignition, what have I done wrong?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hey guys, I put new points in my fuel pump tonight, when I hit the starter the plunger moves up and stops, it stays up till I kill the ignition, what have I done wrong?
The carbs might be full. when the float valve on the carbs close the pressure builds up and stops the pump, when the engine uses the fuel the float valve allows fuel in so the pressure drops and the pump pulses that's how it works. Be careful with the points exposed with petrol vapour about as they do spark and could ignite it

·
Registered
3 Posts
The carbs might be full. when the float valve on the carbs close the pressure builds up and stops the pump, when the engine uses the fuel the float valve allows fuel in so the pressure drops and the pump pulses that's how it works. Be careful with the points exposed with petrol vapour about as they do spark and could ignite it
Cheers. The pump is unhooked from the fuel lines and top open. I'll put it back together and try again. Carbs would be low as haven't ridden her in 4 weeks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts