Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are three wires going to the switch. These are pink; green; and green/white or yellow/black; green; and green/white, depending on the year of the bike. The pink or yellow/black wire goes to the dashboard light, green/white goes to the CDI unit and clutch switch, green is earth. You should join/insulate the green and green/white wires and isolate/insulate the pink or yellow/black wire. You can do this up under the seat where the wiring joins the wrapped loom so it's out of harms way. Then you can take the sidestand switch off and bin it. I've had more bikes give trouble from sidestand switches than I have fallen off because I forgot to put the sidestand up! My sidestand switch was OK but the horrible wee plug that goes into it was wrecked and the previous owner had fixed it with Elastoplast!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Andy. I have since downloaded the Transalp Service manual and located the switch and its connector. I don't have a problem with the switch at the moment but a shorting connector made up ready could be something useful to have under the seat ?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts