Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now Avon Gripsters are no longer available I am considering replacing the rear with a Mitas MC24 ( I have them on the TA600) or E-08 (cheaper than MC24 & bit more road orientated).
I only use the TA650 on the road or gravel but many local roads are poorly surfaced and often quite muddy.
There are suggestions that E-08s have poor wet grip, any experience with them?
The MC24 seem OK on the TA600 but do feel a bit knobbly on fast roads hence thought of E-08s on the heavier 650.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have Mitas E07 on my dominator and find them good for road use. Much better than the old gripsters and the AM 44? That followed them . I’d recommend them or you could go down the conti trail attack route but they have no knobs at all just grooves in the rubber like road tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
The only experience I have of Mitas is that my Enfield had one on the back when I bought it. It lasted about 5 minutes tbh, the bike hardly makes any power, but it just ate it.
I've ran my 600 on Anekees for the last 30,000km and rate them, I don't ride off road either, but do ride lots of gravel forest tracks and here in rural France the roads are covered in mud (and worse) from Oct to April. As the Tranny is my winter bike she sees lots of wet slimy roads and I've always found the Michlins very sure footed and confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I think the E-07s are too off road for me Mitas R/T ratio for E-07 50/50, MC24 70/30, E08 80/20 & E-08s are £53 for the rear at the moment. The price on Anakees looks good but the tyre looks more road orientated than the 3 Mitas tyres.
Off to Shepton Mallet jumble this weekend, usually some tyre dealers there so I can look at the tyres.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2010 700 running e 07's now about 3500 miles in. mainly 2 up on poor quality tarmac with grass/gravel extras and the occasional light green lane great performance on and off tarmac so far for me.

mainly bought as the gaps in the tread are big enough to allow gravel on tarmac to drop into giving much more confidence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts