Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I Recently purchased an FMX but need to restrict it to 33bhp.
Does anyone have a restrictor kit for sale? I am not interested in any paperwork as I don't believe this is actually required by law.
Has anyone just limited the throttle opening? if so how. I could then just get a dyno print for my own piece of mind.
The power output is only just above the limit and spending £200 quid to have some washers fitted seems crazy.

Cheers

·
Registered
153 Posts
The usual method involves stopping the throttle slide from going all the way up, so ......I would........ open the carb, check the diameter of the slide and throttle body then boogie on down to B&Q and grab a handful of nylon washers in that size. Bung one or two on top of the slide - you'll probably have to cut a slot to fit around the cable - see if the bike feels (more) gutless, job done. Then get down to your local dyno place and get a bit of paper to prove it for when (not if) the local BiB stop you for a 'chat'.

Alternatively, don't bother, the FMX only puts out 37/38 bhp, and that is at the crank, yes? If so, rear wheel ponies would be around 33 and isn't that what the law dictates?

As usual, IKBA applies - anyone following my advice must be even crazier than I am!

You're welcome

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
Get it on a dyno to see what it is putting out then get a print out if it under 33 bhp
keep it and show it too anyone that asks
merv

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I've got a restricter fitted to mine, but it was part of the deal, the actually washer is £100 and whatever the labour is on top, it shouldn't be to hard to fit so why not fit it yourself :)
Is that washer in the inlet or welded in the exhaust?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have one of these rolling around my toolbox which i took of mine when i bought it the restrictor is just a metal stopper which stops you going full throttle it is the proper job and is a direct replacement for the one which is on the bike let me know if you are intrested.

Thanks

John

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
Hi there, im wondering if you ever got rid of your ristrictor knocking about or if anyone has one, i need it for a 89'ish dominator.
regards
oz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts