Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads/Ladies

Had the @ down gettin the chain and sproket changed and the chap has told me that the retaining plate for the front one is gone and i cant get a spare... Does any1 know a fix for this ? Apparantly this happens all the time and people weld them on ?!?!? :confused:

Any help/info greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Andy

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
david silvers overnight

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
if it was missing how come the sprocket never came off,is there damage to the sprocket cover inside to show it has moved?,does the metal in the threads look clean and are the bolts there?
more importantly has he lost it??
they are only welded on when the splines have had it as it stops the sprocket spinning on the shaft.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Davis Silvers ? Im in Ireland will they deliver overnight ?

He said it was missing and i was lucky i wasnt killed... :confused:

Must ring the previous owner and tell him to change his mechanic!!!

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
730 Posts
Davis Silvers ? Im in Ireland will they deliver overnight ?

He said it was missing and i was lucky i wasnt killed... :confused:

Must ring the previous owner and tell him to change his mechanic!!!

here is the link - one way to find out if they wil deliver to ireland overnight.....David Silver Spares - HOME

good luck with it..:thumbup:

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Dont forget the two 6mm bolts that hold it on.
I always order them with every front sprocket/securing plate. They come ready-coated with threadlock. Worth the extra to forget about it 'til the next sprocket change.

Are the output shaft splines knackered? Welding a new sprocket on is a one-time fix. Once that's worn out it means splitting the engine cases to replace the output shaft. Not quick......... or cheap. Personnally I always replace the holder and bolts each time I put a new Honda sprocket (original cog has a rubber damper) on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts