Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped my previous TA for a Stelvio at the end of last year. Just swapped my N reg VFR for this Y reg red TA with only £16k miles on it. Feels just the same.:)

Needs some minor tweaks, changed the rear indicators which were stuck out the back like big ears:grommit: 'cos of the Givi rack. Probably change the front tyre (Trailwing) to match the rear (Tourance) in a few more miles, power socket and charging lead to fit, tool tube to mount, maybe some engine bars and a bit of cleaning. Ordered a new handle bar as the current one is rusty and flaking all its paint.

It will be going down to Somerset shortly for use during the week on those roads around the Quantocks and Exmoor.

Attachments

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Welcome back to the alp ward, you know it makes sense!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
So the TA got its teeth into you.:thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the TA got its teeth into you.:thumbup:
Looks like it. The Stelvio is very nice, much more power but heavy although suprising agile when moving, better I hope for 2 up touring and it turns a few heads - whats that? is the expression of a few faces.

The VFR was very smooth but too fast for me too much pressure on the wrists, good for an hour of so, but I like the hills and the lanes, so didn't quite fit.

Son back to the Transalp. Only ridden this one twice but feels much better. I wasnt to get back to more regular riding and this should do the trick.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks nice, much cleaner than mine :thumbright:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I went from a 650 TA to a VFR and now am back on a 700 TA. Agree the VFR ride position was a bit too sporty and not enough toury, and it made me go faster. The TA just makes me cut corners across fields for my kicks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Agreed about previous comments - especially wrists and unsuitability for more challenging roads. TA 700 with good rubber is surprisingly quick around corners, good low down torque and a doddle to ride pretty quickly. I too have had my fair share of bikes, but for what I use it for, the TA is easily the best of the lot. The only thing that comes close is a TDM, which may be more suitable for touring, but as I don't do much of that, it is a moot point.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The Stelvio is a nice bike, it looks like it could tour all day without breaking a sweat, the TA does have the ability to be thrown around more when solo and it seems easier to handle in tight spots.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Done a bit of work and its going down to Somerset this Monday, plotted a route via the A49 down to the Severn crossing so avoiding the motorways.

Tool tube for some extra storage, fenda extenda, 12v socket, K&N hidden away under the tank, new bars and grips to tidy it up.
I wired a short optimate lead off the 12v socket for both charging and running the Zumo off.

Also pictured with the Stelvio.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That looks smart.:thumbup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
May i ask where you aquired the tool tube? Cheers, Derek

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
May i ask where you aquired the tool tube? Cheers, Derek
From this forum, do a search, can't recall who (maybe kitped?), it was over 12 months ago.
They'll also be on ebay I guess - I believe they are actually document holders from industrial tractors.

·
Registered
417 Posts
From this forum, do a search, can't recall who (maybe kitped?), it was over 12 months ago.
They'll also be on ebay I guess - I believe they are actually document holders from industrial tractors.
Yes i found them using google. I bought one but they cost over £20 what with the post but hey ho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts