Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking for a rev counter for an RD03 but they hardly ever come up, RD04 ones are rare but do come up on ebay, they look pretty similar and I was wondering if anyone knows if they are interchangeable even if not exactly the same?... Thanks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
If you have an existing revcounter but it does not work you could get the later ones and change the face. Note the RD03 and RD04 revcounters are probably 3 wire tachos and later ones are 2 wire tachos you must use the correct 2 or 3 wire for your . Some Transalp ones may fit with a face change. I fitted the whole TA late 600 set to my AT see Transalp XL600V instruments on XRV750 Africa Twin
and

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like what you did there, looks good! My rev counter has been completely bodged by a previous owner so the case is knackered and the face was broken too, it did work but I couldn't stand the face rattling around as I was riding, so I attempted a repair but ended up causing more problems, oops! The 650 and early 750 ones look very similar, both are 3 wire ones by the look of it...

Vertebrate Motor vehicle Organism Font Auto part
Motor vehicle Organism Font Line Auto part

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It is probable that the RD04 tacho will fit the RD03 as the part list shows they look similar the rev limit will be different the RD04 limit is probably lower than the RD03 limit.
The RD07 tachos are in a different housing which is similar to the TA 600 housing and all the faces look different!
It is worth swapping to RD04
If you are not worried about originality you could replace the whole AT meter set with a 3wire TA set as I did, using a mounting plate and a joining cable means no changes are made when you find the correct parts.
TA meters are cheaper than AT sets, the wiring can be sorted out using Haynes diagrams they appear accurate. The multi pin plugs are a standard type, I brought a box of plugs (2,3,4,6,9 pin) with pins off ebay.

AT meters
White Product Organ Organism Font

TA 600 meters
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design Mode of transport

1 - 4 of 4 Posts