Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
It's the whole site.

Also, the thumbnail photos are HUGE.

For example, on this page Engine Re-Paint the 300x225px images are each 2.5Mb in size rather than being sized correctly so the whole page is 20meg in size.

Nice job on the XR though :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I reduced the thumbnail size on every picture to 240 x 180 and also the larger picture you get when you click on the thumbnail to 560 x 420.

Which images are huge as 560 x 420 isn't that large, is it?

Thanks for the helpful info AlanH, if you have any more input I'd appreciate it.:thumbright:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
The images are being scaled to size relying on the visitor's browser rather than being stored in the correct size on the webserver.

For example, the top row, second from the left is scaled to 240×180px although the actual image itself is still 2592×1944px. Just scaling this way in the HTML still means the entire 2.5Mb file needs to be loaded to display a small picture. It's probably a fault or a "feature" of the application you are using to create the site.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks AlanH, am I right in thinking I need to re-upload the pictures to where they are are stored on the web server in a different size?

Could you recommend what size you think would be suitable for me to resize them in Photoshop to then re-upload?

Cheers, Chris.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
You should have the photos resized to the size you want to display them in the browser. You should have small versions uploaded for the thumbnails and then larger versions uploaded for the large ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts